Have you tested positive for Covid

Chat about non-baseball topics. No political discussions!

Tested positive for covid?

Yes, CDC recognized test
21%
Yes, at home test; not cdc recognized test
No votes
No positive test
73%
Leroy
6%

Total votes: 33

BottenFieldofDreams
Perennial All-Star

Re: Have you tested positive for Covid

Post by BottenFieldofDreams »

This is a bit flippant and dismissive of the issue I know, but I would have trouble believing I haven't had Omicron. I send a gradeschooler and a preschooler out into the wild, and I have an immune system like [insert bad NFL team here, I really don't know]'s offensive line. In the last month I felt crummy for a couple days a couple times. Probably should have driven through somewhere. Maybe I can find the antibody test.

I've taken one test this whole time.

haltz
Hall Of Famer

Post by haltz »

AWvsCBsteeeerike3 wrote:
January 11 22, 8:34 am
Kind of surprised its only 20%. I'd have guessed higher than that.
Might be a selection bias thing here on who's responding to the poll, even with the disclaimer you made that I totally agree with, but also in New York at least a bunch of people have it without knowing it. Something like 40% of the hospital covid cases were admitted for something else and just happened to test positive.

I don't think I've had it, haven't tested except early on for antibodies, but I feel like I should've had it by now. I have spent hundreds of days in a restaurant and other people's houses throughout the pandemic and my partner has been working full time in a restaurant as well. Too many confirmed close exposures to list, as recently as last week and still nothing.

Arthur Dent
Hall Of Famer

Post by Arthur Dent »

I have not, but I’ve also never been tested because I’ve never had any noteworthy symptoms. I’ve physically gone in to work the entire pandemic and have been making little (non-vaccine based) effort to avoid infection outside work for several months, so I feel like the odds that I must have been exposed are high, especially given the quite high rates of asymptomatic infection, but that’s possibly wishful thinking.

Gashouse
Perennial All-Star

Post by Gashouse »

Still in the clear. Wife and kids in school with masks. Other kids in my kids' classrooms testing positive, but we've gotten lucky so far. There's a testing site that is convenient for us, so we've tested a lot for various reasons - known close contacts, going to see family with lung issues, etc.

Arthur Dent
Hall Of Famer

Post by Arthur Dent »

I think it’s pretty likely I finally got it. Low fever (99.8 on my cheapo thermometer that normally reads ~97.7 for me) plus chills, a cough, and congestion starting yesterday. Feel quite lousy. Don’t have any tests, and it seems like it would be quite difficult to find one in Austin these days, so I’m not sure worth doing, as it would mostly be to satisfy my curiosity.

Could be something else, I dunno, but it’s been several years since I’ve gotten sick enough to want to take NyQuil, so probably something at least.

Staying home.

heyzeus
Everday Unicorn

Post by heyzeus »

Arthur Dent wrote:
January 14 22, 2:24 pm
I think it’s pretty likely I finally got it. Low fever (99.8 on my cheapo thermometer that normally reads ~97.7 for me) plus chills, a cough, and congestion starting yesterday. Feel quite lousy. Don’t have any tests, and it seems like it would be quite difficult to find one in Austin these days, so I’m not sure worth doing, as it would mostly be to satisfy my curiosity.

Could be something else, I dunno, but it’s been several years since I’ve gotten sick enough to want to take NyQuil, so probably something at least.

Staying home.
That's basically what happened to me, so yeah, you probably have it. My fever hit 102 the next day, then was gone the day after, with only a cough and slightly sore throat that has lingered.

See ya at the Curative on South Lamar in front of Deckhands.

cardinalkarp
Hall Of Famer

Post by cardinalkarp »

Again, I had something similar (as well as other family) and multiple people took at home tests which came back negative.

Granted those could have been wrong, but if so COVID was nothing more than a few day flu for myself….and it sounds like the same for you guys even though you’ve been vaccinated.

G. Keenan
Sucking on the Rally Nipple

Post by G. Keenan »

Arthur Dent wrote:
January 14 22, 2:24 pm

Staying home.
Time to hit the bong.

G. Keenan
Sucking on the Rally Nipple

Post by G. Keenan »

cardinalkarp wrote:
January 14 22, 2:50 pm
Again, I had something similar (as well as other family) and multiple people took at home tests which came back negative.

Granted those could have been wrong, but if so COVID was nothing more than a few day flu for myself….and it sounds like the same for you guys even though you’ve been vaccinated.
When my wife got it (if you can believe the PCR result from shady testing site) it didn't even rise to the level of flu. No fever. Just a stuffy nose and mild headache.

Most vaxxed people I know testing positive are experiencing this. Totally asymptomatic or very mild cold-like symptoms. Like if you didn't know Covid was going around you wouldn't even think you were sick.

cardinalkarp
Hall Of Famer

Post by cardinalkarp »

G. Keenan wrote:
January 14 22, 3:00 pm
cardinalkarp wrote:
January 14 22, 2:50 pm

When my wife got it (if you can believe the PCR result from shady testing site) it didn't even rise to the level of flu. No fever. Just a stuffy nose and mild headache.

Most vaxxed people I know testing positive are experiencing this. Totally asymptomatic or very mild cold-like symptoms. Like if you didn't know Covid was going around you wouldn't even think you were sick.
So is what AD and Zeus have/had considered mild cold like symptoms?