I'll see you in Hell Costanza!

Chat about non-baseball topics. No political discussions!
Leroy
a bad penny always turns up
Location: Hanging out with my redneck, white socks and Blue Ribbon beer.

I'll see you in Hell Costanza!

Post by Leroy »

The building that our little 5 person operation occupies has been sold. We have been given until the end of our lease to get out. That's fine, but they have started tearing up the ground floor (we are on the second), which means there is no a/c, no stairwell lights or bathrooms. And they are making a ton of noise all day everyday ripping to shreds the remnants of the bank that was there. I feel like Costanza at Play Now. They will probably install asbestos.

Fat_Bulldog
likes to grate his own cheese

Re: I'll see you in Hell Costanza!

Post by Fat_Bulldog »

How can they do that with tenants there? Time to cash in your GRB legal coverage with heyzeus.

G. Keenan
Sucking on the Rally Nipple

Post by G. Keenan »

I'm like a weed, Jerry!

No A/C? I'd stop paying the rent.

heyzeus
Everday Unicorn

Post by heyzeus »

Leroy wrote:
June 30 22, 1:45 pm
The building that our little 5 person operation occupies has been sold. We have been given until the end of our lease to get out. That's fine, but they have started tearing up the ground floor (we are on the second), which means there is no a/c, no stairwell lights or bathrooms. And they are making a ton of noise all day everyday ripping to shreds the remnants of the bank that was there. I feel like Costanza at Play Now. They will probably install asbestos.

I'm not your lawyer til your retainer check clears (AHEM) but it seems likely your landlord is violating the implied covenants of habitability and quiet enjoyment right now, if not outright violating express terms of your lease. How much time is left on your lease? It may be worth it to hire a local attorney to send them a friendly letter telling them they need to provide a/c and bathrooms right now because they're in breach of your lease and/or those implied covenants.

heyzeus
Everday Unicorn

Post by heyzeus »

heyzeus wrote:
July 1 22, 12:09 pm
Leroy wrote:
June 30 22, 1:45 pm

I'm not your lawyer til your retainer check clears* (AHEM) but it seems likely your landlord is violating the implied covenants of habitability and quiet enjoyment right now, if not outright violating express terms of your lease. How much time is left on your lease? It may be worth it to hire a local attorney to send them a friendly letter telling them they need to provide a/c and bathrooms right now because they're in breach of your lease and/or those implied covenants.

*Also, minor technicality, but I'm not licensed to practice law in whatever Dakota you're in.

G. Keenan
Sucking on the Rally Nipple

Post by G. Keenan »

This aggression will not stand, man.

heyzeus
Everday Unicorn

Post by heyzeus »

G. Keenan wrote:
July 1 22, 12:12 pm
This aggression will not stand, man.
I'm talking about a line in the sand

The Third Man
It rubs the lotion on its skin.

Post by The Third Man »

Joe Turkel passed away today. Feels ominous.

Joe Shlabotnik
Hall Of Famer

Post by Joe Shlabotnik »

The Third Man wrote:
July 1 22, 4:53 pm
Joe Turkel passed away today. Feels ominous.

Condolences @Leroy

AdmiralKird
MBA, CPA, CFA, CFP, JD, PE, MD

Post by AdmiralKird »

I've got a commode you can use