Music talk Thread

Chat about non-baseball topics. No political discussions!
IMADreamer
Has an anecdote about a townie he overheard.

Re: Music talk Thread

Post by IMADreamer »

Speaking of the B52s. Kate Pierson was definitely a crush of my younger self.

pioneer98
Hall Of Famer

Post by pioneer98 »

This cover feels 40 years ahead of its time. Apologies for the Red Sox jacket at the start

heyzeus
Everday Unicorn

Post by heyzeus »

pioneer98 wrote:
July 3 22, 12:47 pm
This cover feels 40 years ahead of its time. Apologies for the Red Sox jacket at the start

I can't think of Devo without thinking of the Weird Al semi-parody "Dare to be Stupid," and this amazing moment from VH-1.

Big Amoco Sign
Master of Hyperbole

Post by Big Amoco Sign »

Devo rules. An all-timer to me.

Great band. Every song is so good. No misses.

Gates of Steel is still one of my top songs of all time.

Jocephus
99% conan clips

Post by Jocephus »

go birds wrote:
June 9 22, 7:27 am
Radbird wrote:
June 8 22, 3:44 pm
Jocephus wrote:
June 8 22, 3:39 pm
Radbird wrote:
June 8 22, 3:38 pm
Jocephus wrote:
June 8 22, 10:19 am
i snagged a ticket to seen ween and primus at red rocks in august!
Very cool! I love RR - great place for a concert. Have you been there before?
nope, first time!
Get there early and give yourself time to take it all in. It’s a magnificent natural amphitheater.
I'm going there in a few weeks for third Eye Blind. First timer as well.

coming down from the fort collins area, so will probably have to stay the night. Any recommendations? I've heard it's an absolute nightmare getting out of there after a show.
how was your experience?

my show is tomorrow. weather and the roads look to be clear for me so im happy on that.

go birds
-go birds

Post by go birds »

Jocephus wrote:
August 8 22, 9:51 am
go birds wrote:
Radbird wrote:
Jocephus wrote:
Radbird wrote:
June 8 22, 3:38 pm

Very cool! I love RR - great place for a concert. Have you been there before?
nope, first time!
Get there early and give yourself time to take it all in. It’s a magnificent natural amphitheater.

coming down from the fort collins area, so will probably have to stay the night. Any recommendations? I've heard it's an absolute nightmare getting out of there after a show.
how was your experience?

my show is tomorrow. weather and the roads look to be clear for me so im happy on that.
it was good. i would highly suggest getting there when doors open.

a couple suggestions:

1) regarding parking, if you get there before doors open, there is a parking area (like ~10 spots) literally at the entrance--it's before you drive under the carved out rock into the main lot right by the amphitheater--i parallel parked in the very first spot. when the show ended, it took me a total of 10 minutes to get to my car and out of the entire park altogether
2) if you do get there when doors open, you can set up shop in any of the spots under the trees that line up the left side of the place (if you're looking down towards the stage). not sure where youre sitting, but i ended up just hanging out near the stage under a tree in the second row, which proved to be somewhat clutch because there was a pop-up storm around 7 oclock and i could get out of the place pretty quickly

i would also highly recommend bringing like a light rain jacket if you have one because even though rain isn't in the forecast, a pop up storm could happen.

Jocephus
99% conan clips

Post by Jocephus »

go birds wrote:
August 8 22, 10:19 am
Jocephus wrote:
August 8 22, 9:51 am
go birds wrote:
Radbird wrote:
Jocephus wrote:

nope, first time!

how was your experience?

it was good. i would highly suggest getting there when doors open.

a couple suggestions:

1) regarding parking, if you get there before doors open, there is a parking area (like ~10 spots) literally at the entrance--it's before you drive under the carved out rock into the main lot right by the amphitheater--i parallel parked in the very first spot. when the show ended, it took me a total of 10 minutes to get to my car and out of the entire park altogether
2) if you do get there when doors open, you can set up shop in any of the spots under the trees that line up the left side of the place (if you're looking down towards the stage). not sure where youre sitting, but i ended up just hanging out near the stage under a tree in the second row, which proved to be somewhat clutch because there was a pop-up storm around 7 oclock and i could get out of the place pretty quickly

i would also highly recommend bringing like a light rain jacket if you have one because even though rain isn't in the forecast, a pop up storm could happen.
appreciate all the info. i think i'll likely be there on the early side. planning to leave GJ around 11 or 11:30, with a brief stop in silverthorne (if you need an empanada recommendation i have one in silverthorne). barring some sort of construction delay i could/should get there around 4. if i'm reading the red rocks faq right, the parking lots (for a show) open up 2 hours before doors open, which is listed as 6pm. show is at 7:30. so i may have a lot of time to kill though i wouldn't mind if it meant a decent parking spot. i figure i can take in the area and maybe go on a trail.

do you happen to know how tough security is, like in the parking lots? i know i cant bring items into the venue, per the FAQ they check at the gate, but i was hoping/planning/preferring to scarf down an edible before going in. i assume i can do that in the parking lot eh?

edit: i alos have no idea where im sitting. my digital ticket says 3016 as far as seat ID but not sure where that is. im guessing its probably not great.

go birds
-go birds

Post by go birds »

security isn't an issue--bunch of minimum wage 20 somethings--i wouldn't be ripping on a 20 foot bong cause then theyd prolly just wanna join you. definitely can't bring any paraphernalia into the venue as they pat you down and check you with a metal detector.

re: parking:

i was referring to the entrance of the upper north parking lot--there's an area off the the side of the road right at the entrance that's kinda first come first service (i dont think there is a charge for parking anywhere, but these spots are primo for when trying to leave)

re: standing spot under the tree--i took a spot under the second row trees and it was pretty sweet. granted there's not really a bad spot in the place, but it's close to the exit, the vendors, and the stage and it's first come first serve.

Jocephus
99% conan clips

Post by Jocephus »

hah no bong rips but maybe my vape and/or an edible. definitely will look into that parking spot, i do think i can be there on the early side. also didn't know about the actual seating being first come first serve, good to know.

thanks again.

go birds
-go birds

Post by go birds »

Jocephus wrote:
August 8 22, 12:06 pm
hah no bong rips but maybe my vape and/or an edible. definitely will look into that parking spot, i do think i can be there on the early side. also didn't know about the actual seating being first come first serve, good to know.

thanks again.
I should clarify that seating is not first come first serve...the spots under the trees are. you can sit on the edge of one of those areas and let your feet dangle off the side, but yea the actual seating not first come first serve.