The Video Game Thread

Chat about non-baseball topics. No political discussions!
Jocephus
99% conan clips

Re: The Video Game Thread

Post by Jocephus »

Fat_Bulldog wrote:
April 6 22, 7:56 am
I haven't looked so am asking out of laziness. I have The Show '20. Can I update the rosters to current or do I have to purchase the new version.
this is for 21 into 20 but you might see if there is an updated one, etc

Fat_Bulldog
likes to grate his own cheese

Post by Fat_Bulldog »

Thanks joce.

I might just do Road to the Show mode with a made up character.

MrCrowesGarden
'Burb Boy

Post by MrCrowesGarden »

“The Quarry” looks like an entertaining interactive horror game in the vein of 2015’s “Until Dawn.” Some pretty recognizable actors too, including David Arquette, Ariel Winter, and Brenda Song. “The Quarry” did seem less reliant on jump scares than “Until Dawn,” which I appreciated. I also liked that the decision tree seemed much broader, with more possible ways for the characters to survive (or die.) And Laura Kearney is one of my favorite video game characters in a while.

MrCrowesGarden
'Burb Boy

Post by MrCrowesGarden »

I'm guessing no one is playing Pokemon Go anymore, but I just reinstalled it and I've been having fun playing the past month or so. Anyone who wants my trainer code, PM me.

Jocephus
99% conan clips

Post by Jocephus »

oh hell yah, who wants to deathmatch with big heads and slappers?

AdmiralKird
MBA, CPA, CFA, CFP, JD, PE, MD

Post by AdmiralKird »

No online play on the Xbox Version
Straight Port, not the remastered XBox Live Arcade version that was developed in the late 2000's.
Nintendo doesn't want the xbox version to have any new features.

mikechamp
Hall Of Famer

Post by mikechamp »

This is a brief summary of a much longer article. Sadly, no word on whether there was a red carpet or if anyone got played off the stage:
Game Awards: Elden Ring and God of War: Ragnarok are big winners

Elden Ring, the epic dark fantasy title created by Hidetaka Miyazaki in collaboration with George RR Martin, has won the prestigious game of the year prize at the Game Awards. The title beat off stiff competition from God of War: Ragnarok, Horizon Forbidden West and Stray to win the event's biggest prize.

The ceremony has become one of the most influential nights in gaming, as it blends award-giving with new announcements and first-look trailers, and this year was no different.

Elden Ring, made by the developers of successful role-playing series Dark Souls, dominated social media conversation within the gaming world when it was released earlier this year. It won four Game Awards in total, also picking up best game direction, best art direction and best action/adventure game.

Overall, God of War: Ragnarok took home five awards - more than any other game.

https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-63909033

MrCrowesGarden
'Burb Boy

Post by MrCrowesGarden »

I hope Jazz Chisholm keeps playing like a star or this is going to end up like the time that Peyton Hillis was on the cover of Madden.

heyzeus
Everday Unicorn

Post by heyzeus »

Jazz is moving to CF, which would be fun if he didn't have chronic back problems and one diving catch could end his career.

thrill
bronoun enthusiast

Post by thrill »

That dude must have a great agent because he gets a ton of hype for not really doing anything and playing in one of the worst, least visible baseball markets.