Do you believe in UFOs?

Chat about non-baseball topics. No political discussions!

Do you believe?

Yes
55%
No
45%

Total votes: 42

GeddyWrox
Caught you a delicious bass

Re: Do you believe in UFOs?

Post by GeddyWrox »

Can't remember if I've told this one here or not, but one night maybe 15 years ago I was out with my dogs in my back yard at night. It was probably around 10 or 11 PM. Clear night, lots of stars out. I'm looking at the sky and something doesn't seem right. All of a sudden I realize that a good sized chunk of the sky was just black. No stars. Then I noticed there were lights at the corners of this blackness, and that it was triangular-ish in shape. It was silent and drifting. It was either really low and roughly airplane sized, or really fukkin huge and higher up. I couldn't tell.

I'm sure it was probably military, but I was still kinda creeped out. Did I get passed over for an alien abduction??? LOL

Famous Mortimer
Perennial All-Star

Post by Famous Mortimer »

I believe they exist, without necessarily believing they've popped over to Earth and annoyed some guy in a field.

GeddyWrox
Caught you a delicious bass

Post by GeddyWrox »

AWvsCBsteeeerike3
"I could totally eat a pig butt, if smoked correctly!"

Post by AWvsCBsteeeerike3 »

Leroy
a bad penny always turns up
Location: Hanging out with my redneck, white socks and Blue Ribbon beer.

Post by Leroy »

Send the murder hornets after them.

haltz
Hall Of Famer

Post by haltz »

I've watched a few of these and everytime I keep thinking that everyone has high def cameras in their pockets at all times and all we have are these garbage videos where it's a monochromatic oval or triangle or whatever and the orientation doesn't seem to change.

Now you've got some congressman from Tennessee saying stuff like this
"I think that’s ridiculous. If the Russians had UFO technology, they would own us right now,” he said. “It has to be something that’s, that’s out of our galaxy, it just has to be, if it is in fact is real.”
So if it's real it must be aliens from another galaxy.

BottenFieldofDreams
Perennial All-Star

Post by BottenFieldofDreams »

I don't know if he's been brought up here yet, but Mick West is the rich guy that made the Tony Hawk video games. Most of us have a brother in law or uncle that needs to spend time at his site: metabunk.org. Lots of it is about how Joe Biden isn't actually a hologram. Plenty of election stuff. Interesting UFO stuff.

He thinks the footage we're beginning to see is artifacts from the photography. I think he's probably right that Biden isn't a hologram. I don't have a strong position on his UFO stuff, but it's at least a good argument. HIs explanation of the triangles from April doesn't seem as strong as his arguments for the earlier stuff.

BottenFieldofDreams
Perennial All-Star

Post by BottenFieldofDreams »

haltz wrote:
June 18 21, 10:43 am
I've watched a few of these and everytime I keep thinking that everyone has high def cameras in their pockets at all times and all we have are these garbage videos where it's a monochromatic oval or triangle or whatever and the orientation doesn't seem to change.
At least we have that. You'd think we'd have some crappy night footage of sasquatch by now if she's (woke) real.

Leroy
a bad penny always turns up
Location: Hanging out with my redneck, white socks and Blue Ribbon beer.

Post by Leroy »

If they aren't real, whoever is performing nightly anal probes on me has a lot of explaining to do.

G. Keenan
Sucking on the Rally Nipple

Post by G. Keenan »

BottenFieldofDreams wrote: He thinks the footage we're beginning to see is artifacts from the photography.
This is my theory. We're seeing some kind of glitch in the radar/cameras. These videos are always from some Navy jet in the middle of the ocean with the UFO being tracked out of visual range of the pilots.