"The Wire" Appreciation Thread

Chat about non-baseball topics. No political discussions!
ghostrunner
Hall Of Famer

Re: "The Wire" Appreciation Thread

Post by ghostrunner »

docellis wrote:
phins wrote:I had never heard of it, so I ordered it on Netflix.
Why can't I find it on Netflix?
I assume he means DVDs. You have to get HBOgo to stream their stuff.

DVDs should be there though.

phins
Sobbing quietly during Fox programming

Post by phins »

ghostrunner wrote:
docellis wrote:
phins wrote:I had never heard of it, so I ordered it on Netflix.
Why can't I find it on Netflix?
I assume he means DVDs. You have to get HBOgo to stream their stuff.

DVDs should be there though.
I apologize. I meant HBO GO. I had to hook an HDMI cord to my laptop and plug it into my television. I remember doing that now...

lukethedrifter
darjeeling sipping elite

Post by lukethedrifter »

lukethedrifter
darjeeling sipping elite

Post by lukethedrifter »

Jocephus
99% conan clips

Post by Jocephus »

Team
Everyday Player

Post by Team »

Just finished season 1 last night. I don't like to bring up questions in the middle of a series because I want to see if my questions will be answered early in the next season.

There is a ton of content in each episode because of how many points of view you have to keep track of. But I like it because nothing is dumbed down for the audience, which I believe is the true sign of a great show. Also the reason some shows have such a strong following even if they don't have the best ratings.

Anyway, at the end of season 1 you've got D'Angelo who says he wants to be put in witness protection and start over if he gives up info on Stringer and Avon, but at the end of season 1 he is lead away in cuffs. Is this a ploy to throw off Stringer to think he's going to jail or did I miss something? Also I know that McNulty got what seems to be a demotion heading into season 2. I'm interested to see where this goes and what the story arc is for this next season. I've been told season 2 has people divided as far as some people love it and others not so much.

pioneer98
Hall Of Famer

Post by pioneer98 »

Team wrote:Just finished season 1 last night. I don't like to bring up questions in the middle of a series because I want to see if my questions will be answered early in the next season.

There is a ton of content in each episode because of how many points of view you have to keep track of. But I like it because nothing is dumbed down for the audience, which I believe is the true sign of a great show. Also the reason some shows have such a strong following even if they don't have the best ratings.

Anyway, at the end of season 1 you've got D'Angelo who says he wants to be put in witness protection and start over if he gives up info on Stringer and Avon, but at the end of season 1 he is lead away in cuffs. Is this a ploy to throw off Stringer to think he's going to jail or did I miss something? Also I know that McNulty got what seems to be a demotion heading into season 2. I'm interested to see where this goes and what the story arc is for this next season. I've been told season 2 has people divided as far as some people love it and others not so much.
Season #2 was my favorite, but only slightly better than season #1. Those are the best two, IMO.

And you'll enjoy finding out where McNulty's demotion leads him!

robbotis
Perennial All-Star

Post by robbotis »

pioneer98 wrote:
Team wrote:Just finished season 1 last night. I don't like to bring up questions in the middle of a series because I want to see if my questions will be answered early in the next season.

Season #2 was my favorite, but only slightly better than season #1. Those are the best two, IMO.

And you'll enjoy finding out where McNulty's demotion leads him!
4 is my favorite. Those poor kids, those poor teachers, etc...

heyzeus
Everday Unicorn

Post by heyzeus »

You will see where McNulty's demotion takes him - it'll be a theme for the season.

I didn't like Season 2 mainly because it introduces a "zany" character who I found grating. Most people who don't like this season, don't like it because it doesn't focus on the drug trade in the projects. I like Season 2 because it helps develop an important part of the the chess analogy for the drug trade that you'll see developed over the course of the show. I don't think I'm giving too much away by saying that the theme is that pawns come and go, but the King always slips away untouched.

I won't say anything about D'Angelo.

btw, where's Wallace?

longhornbaseball
Perennial All-Star

Post by longhornbaseball »

The King stay the King, yo.