Calvin and Hobbes: The Snowman Series

Chat about non-baseball topics. No political discussions!
sighyoung
Mayor of GRB

Re: Calvin and Hobbes: The Snowman Series

Post by sighyoung »

BottenFieldofDreams wrote:
February 20 23, 11:58 am
I just realized I’ve never exposed my kids to C&H. One drawback of Waterson’s MO in conjunction with my own scattered brain.

I fully support his approach. It’s pure and novel. My guess is his estate won’t be as dedicated. And I’m kind of okay with that it either way, depending on how it’s done. If it becomes Star Wars or Frozen I’ll regret saying that 100%. Which reminds me, I need to insert my Baby Yoda suppository hemorrhoid treatment. They made a Peanuts movie not long ago, whenever Calvin can go big screen or mainstream won’t be too late.
His estate will probably o.k. "Calvin and Hobbes: The Musical" and a film version starring Mike Myers as Calvin and James Corden as Hobbes.

thrill
bronoun enthusiast

Post by thrill »

sighyoung wrote:
February 21 23, 10:24 am
Mike Myers as Calvin and James Corden as Hobbes.
Man this bummed me out. So accurate. Half-CGI/Half-Corden Hobbes will look like an absolute abomination.

Although, if Mike Myers plays Calvin like Martin Short played Clifford (a deranged child psychopath), we might have something worth making.

heyzeus
Everday Unicorn

Post by heyzeus »

My 8yo reads my old Calvin and Hobbes collections just about every week. I think it's inspiring her evil genius/"become ungovernable" ideology nicely. Is it working out for us, the parents? Welllllll