Documentaries

Chat about non-baseball topics. No political discussions!
Freed Roger
Seeking a Zubaz seamstress

Re: Documentaries

Post by Freed Roger »

I enjoyed netflix "The Game Changers". I will eat more vegetables for sure. Some good info on the effects of big ag. However that was sort of a toss-in.

The main thesis is performance in life, as reflected in the doc's subject athletes. it was a whole lotta bogus causation correlation. I.e this guy gal is strong or fast, so it MUST be the vegetarian diet.
For example The veggie guy Nate Diaz defeating meat eater Colin Mcgregor (sp) !

As someone that follows endurance sports and am familiar with some good local people doing it - I am amazed how many wildly different diets produce similar great results. People are different and highly adaptable. The guy that has record for fastest 100 miles is meat eater.

The erection/ sleep study was funny, whether intended to be. They should have flipped it, have the subjects eat meat the 1st night and veggies the 2nd. That 1st night hooked up to penis monitoring gear is going to be stage fright. ...then 2nd night, wham alama ding dong effect

Freed Roger
Seeking a Zubaz seamstress

Post by Freed Roger »

Started the Lady Gaga doc with my daughter. man, that was perhaps the unintentionally cringiest thing I've seen. They couldn't find any footage of her being not self-absorbed and not surrounded by scared sycophants.

my daughter came to same conclusion.

Tambourine Man
accepts no jimitators

Post by Tambourine Man »

An Anthony Bourdain doc is set to release in about a month. I'll eventually catch it.