Floods

Chat about non-baseball topics. No political discussions!
Sutter'sBeard
is the oscar meyer weiner kid

Re: Floods

Post by Sutter'sBeard »

I was up in SW Wisc.last year during some of that. Pretty terrible. Some towns had very little rain and flooding, other towns, within ten miles, were under water.

jim
Red Lobster for the seafood lover in you

Post by jim »

Sutter'sBeard wrote:I was up in SW Wisc.last year during some of that. Pretty terrible. Some towns had very little rain and flooding, other towns, within ten miles, were under water.
Which part? Vernon/Crawford counties got hit bad, especially Soldiers Grove and Gays Mills. This year it was upstream, Ontario and La Farge. Getting to my house took planning, I had to examine the county map to see which roads were still open.

Sutter'sBeard
is the oscar meyer weiner kid

Post by Sutter'sBeard »

jim wrote:
Sutter'sBeard wrote:I was up in SW Wisc.last year during some of that. Pretty terrible. Some towns had very little rain and flooding, other towns, within ten miles, were under water.
Which part? Vernon/Crawford counties got hit bad, especially Soldiers Grove and Gays Mills. This year it was upstream, Ontario and La Farge. Getting to my house took planning, I had to examine the county map to see which roads were still open.
I was in the Bloomington, WI area. A town (which I believe was Bagley, WI) 5 miles to the west was under water.

jim
Red Lobster for the seafood lover in you

Post by jim »

Sutter'sBeard wrote:
jim wrote:
I was in the Bloomington, WI area. A town (which I believe was Bagley, WI) 5 miles to the west was under water.
You were south of the worst of it. See the little purple area north of there that stretches into Minnesota? That was unbelievable, washed away hillslides and changed the topography. In Minnesota they called it a 1,000 year event. Not only more rain but the hills are bigger, the valleys narrower, and the runoff greater. The little stream a mile or so from me had a little pool at the bridge and an island downstream. The island is gone, but the pool literally quadrupled in size. It's like a small pond now.

Freed Roger
Seeking a Zubaz seamstress

Post by Freed Roger »

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/03/16/us/n ... oding.html
major levels of flooding MO river in Nebraska. FWIW My FB feed whuch has a Mo river paddler page is lit all the hell up with doom and gloom.