Favorite Soda

Chat about non-baseball topics. No political discussions!

Choose your Allegiance

Pepsi
13%
Coke
28%
Dr. Pepper
13%
Mt. Dew
16%
Root Beer
3%
Orange Soda
4%
Mr. Pibb
No votes
7up/Sprite/SierraMist
1%
Other
15%
Soda Sucks
6%

Total votes: 68

cardsfansince82
is shooing asian children away from his fridge.

Re: Favorite Soda

Post by cardsfansince82 »

There's a little burger joint where I'm from that served Marshmallow Cokes. Sounds kind of strange but they were amazing. Tasted kind of like a vanilla Coke but way more awesome.

MrSaigon

Post by MrSaigon »

Baking.

(Zing!)

lukethedrifter
darjeeling sipping elite

Post by lukethedrifter »

Mmmmm, Mountain Dew.
Obesity. Diabetes. By now, we've all heard of the health risks posed by drinking too much soda.

But over in Appalachia, the region that stretches roughly from southern New York state to Alabama, the fight against soda is targeting an altogether different concern: rotted teeth.

Public health advocates say soft drinks are driving the region's alarmingly high incidence of eroded brown teeth — a phenomenon dubbed "Mountain Dew mouth," after the region's favorite drink. They want to tackle the problem with policies, including restricting soda purchases with food stamps (now called the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program, and currently under debate in Congress).

http://www.npr.org/blogs/thesalt/2013/0 ... w&cc=share

I can't wait for Wart's gif retort.

Jocephus
99% conan clips

Post by Jocephus »

i really dont drink soda that much anymore but i will buy one when im at work and it sounds good...i bought a diet cherry pepsi the other day and one of the ingredients was "natural flavors". i know theres a lot of bad stuff in them but that just makes me laugh.

StL Dan
banned

Post by StL Dan »

Pepsi - clear #1 (RC if it's readily available)

Dr Pepper and Mt Dewski are great changes of pace.

lukethedrifter
darjeeling sipping elite

Post by lukethedrifter »

I bet you have nice teeth.

wart57
just can't quit you.

Post by wart57 »

I just had a filling break yesterday. I need to quit Mt. Dew, but just look at amy custom rank.....

I can always just do this...

Are they sure it is Mt. Dew and not meth causing the teeth issues?

lukethedrifter
darjeeling sipping elite

Post by lukethedrifter »

The beverage industry has repeatedly challenged claims that its products are destroying teeth. But dentists beg to differ.

"I see erosion from the acids in the drinks, and decay from the sugars," says Steven Ghareeb, spokesman for the Academy of General Dentistry and a practicing dentist in South Charleston, W.Va. "They go hand in hand many times, and they're equally bad. I would definitely attribute these problems to drinks." Both sodas and energy drinks, he says, "are more damaging than food."

A dental researcher says he's concerned that excessive soda consumption is leading to severe erosion of teeth.
The Salt
'Soda Mouth' Can Look A Lot Like 'Meth Mouth'
Dentists have also found that the effects of soda on teeth are strikingly similar to the effects of methamphetamine or crack on teeth, as I reported in May. Drinking more than a soda a day raises the risk that acids found in many soft and energy drinks will eat away at your tooth enamel and its pearly white color. To get a sense of what that looks like, check out this picture.

lukethedrifter
darjeeling sipping elite

Post by lukethedrifter »

The beverage industry has repeatedly challenged claims that its products are destroying teeth. But dentists beg to differ.

"I see erosion from the acids in the drinks, and decay from the sugars," says Steven Ghareeb, spokesman for the Academy of General Dentistry and a practicing dentist in South Charleston, W.Va. "They go hand in hand many times, and they're equally bad. I would definitely attribute these problems to drinks." Both sodas and energy drinks, he says, "are more damaging than food."

A dental researcher says he's concerned that excessive soda consumption is leading to severe erosion of teeth.
The Salt
'Soda Mouth' Can Look A Lot Like 'Meth Mouth'
Dentists have also found that the effects of soda on teeth are strikingly similar to the effects of methamphetamine or crack on teeth, as I reported in May. Drinking more than a soda a day raises the risk that acids found in many soft and energy drinks will eat away at your tooth enamel and its pearly white color. To get a sense of what that looks like, check out this picture.

StL Dan
banned

Post by StL Dan »

I don't drink a lot of soda. But Pepsi is my favorite choice when I do.

Something I've started to drink a lot of in an effort to replace Pepsi and other sodas is Seltzer Water. So good. And guilt free.