movies

Chat about non-baseball topics. No political discussions!
stlouie_lipp
Hallelujah Brother

Re: movies

Post by stlouie_lipp »

mikechamp wrote:
May 6 20, 2:39 pm
heyzeus wrote:
May 6 20, 1:13 pm
I watched a documentary on Netflix called Jack of All Trades that folks here might enjoy. It's about a kid who grew up as the son of a baseball card shop owner, who bought all of those late 80s/early 90s cards that were billed as investments, and now discovers they're largely worthless. It asks what happened to the cards, but also what happened to his dad. Good nostalgia factor here for kids of that era like me!
Wait, they're worthless??? But I have 3 large, cardboard boxes of those damn things!!

Well, I don't have Netflix, so I guess I won't get my soul crushed... yet.
My mom dumped all my cards on me a couple years ago. I know they are worthless, but I can't get myself to throw them out.

mikechamp
Hall Of Famer

Post by mikechamp »

stlouie_lipp wrote:
May 6 20, 3:40 pm
mikechamp wrote:
May 6 20, 2:39 pm
heyzeus wrote:
May 6 20, 1:13 pm
I watched a documentary on Netflix called Jack of All Trades that folks here might enjoy. It's about a kid who grew up as the son of a baseball card shop owner, who bought all of those late 80s/early 90s cards that were billed as investments, and now discovers they're largely worthless. It asks what happened to the cards, but also what happened to his dad. Good nostalgia factor here for kids of that era like me!
Wait, they're worthless??? But I have 3 large, cardboard boxes of those damn things!!

Well, I don't have Netflix, so I guess I won't get my soul crushed... yet.
My mom dumped all my cards on me a couple years ago. I know they are worthless, but I can't get myself to throw them out.
The real question is: will they be worthless 30 years from now? You know, when I am looking to retire/cash in.

Jocephus
99% conan clips

Post by Jocephus »

long doc on the freddy movies

Michael
GRB Founder

Post by Michael »

Uncut Gems is a $.99 rental on various streaming services. I plan to watch it tonight.

edit - never mind the movie is coming to netflix on the 25th. I'll save a dollar!

GeddyWrox
Caught you a delicious bass

Post by GeddyWrox »

I watched a very peculiar, yet fairly enjoyable movie with Rainn Wilson, Ellen Page and Liv Tyler last weekend called "Super".

Rainn Wilson plays a jilted husband who decides to become a super hero and Ellen Page becomes his sidekick. Directed by James Gunn, too! I give it a solid B.

mikechamp
Hall Of Famer

Post by mikechamp »

Watched "War Dogs" last night. It stars (a very plump) Jonah Hill, Miles Teller, Bradley Cooper (he also has a producer credit), Kevin Pollack and a minor (yet beautifully acted) role from Ana de Armas. (She's a rising star! Check out her performance in "Knives Out", and she's also going to be in the new Bond movie.)

Based on a true story, it's about 2 boyhood friends who end up becoming international arms dealers. It's a combination comedy/tragedy. I give it a solid 7 out of 10.

Michael
GRB Founder

Post by Michael »

GeddyWrox wrote:
May 12 20, 2:44 pm
I watched a very peculiar, yet fairly enjoyable movie with Rainn Wilson, Ellen Page and Liv Tyler last weekend called "Super".

Rainn Wilson plays a jilted husband who decides to become a super hero and Ellen Page becomes his sidekick. Directed by James Gunn, too! I give it a solid B.
I'd give this movie a B+. Yes, it's very particular. The last 20-30 min are kind of unexpected.

Jocephus
99% conan clips

Post by Jocephus »

i watched that norm movie "dirty work" (it's free on YT). as much as i always liked norm even when it came out i thought it looked bad. it wasn't great but had some funny jokes now and again...and i could see why some people really like it...good for like, 12 year olds

Fat_Bulldog
likes to grate his own cheese

Post by Fat_Bulldog »

Jocephus wrote:
May 13 20, 8:49 am
i watched that norm movie "dirty work" (it's free on YT). as much as i always liked norm even when it came out i thought it looked bad. it wasn't great but had some funny jokes now and again...and i could see why some people really like it...good for like, 12 year olds
Yeah. I remember laughing at that when I was about 14 years old.

tlombard
tl;dr

Post by tlombard »

Fat_Bulldog wrote:
May 13 20, 9:07 am
Jocephus wrote:
May 13 20, 8:49 am
Yeah. I remember laughing at that when I was about 14 years old.
I need to watch it again. It's probably still right in my wheel house and I'm 42.