movies

Chat about non-baseball topics. No political discussions!
mikechamp
Hall Of Famer

Re: movies

Post by mikechamp »

Be prepared for tiny bits to leak out over the next 1.5 years. (Ugh. Don't drag this out. Please.)
Keanu Reeves says 'Matrix 4' is a 'love story' and 'a call to wake up'

Keanu Reeves has revealed that The Matrix 4 is “a love story” from returning director Lana Wachowski, which will prove to be “inspiring” for audiences. He admitted that things “looked a little dire for Neo” at the end of 2003’s The Matrix Revolutions and dismissed the notion the movie will be a prequel, but said “all will be revealed” in the new film.

The Matrix 4 is due to reunite Reeves with Carrie-Anne Moss, who will again play the role of Trinity. Other key cast members Laurence Fishburne and Hugo Weaving have both confirmed they will not appear in the new movie. The latter star revealed he would have been involved were it not for scheduling issues that led to the role of Agent Smith being axed.

The Matrix 4 is due to be released into cinemas in April 2022.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/mat ... 44289.html

mikechamp
Hall Of Famer

Post by mikechamp »

"Hugo Drax" (Moonraker) has passed away:
Michael Lonsdale, who played James Bond villain in Moonraker, dies aged 89

Anglo-French actor Michael Lonsdale, who played the villain opposite Roger Moore's James Bond in the 1979 film Moonraker, has died at the age of 89.

In the film, he played Hugo Drax, an industrialist planning to poison all humans on Earth then repopulate the planet from his space station. It was one of more than 200 roles he played in both English and French over a career that spanned six decades. His other film credits included The Day of the Jackal, Ronin and Munich.

https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-54234139

Jocephus
99% conan clips

Post by Jocephus »

Jocephus
99% conan clips

Post by Jocephus »

Jocephus
99% conan clips

Post by Jocephus »

The Third Man
It rubs the lotion on its skin.

Post by The Third Man »

Hello all. Any movies you'd care to have my feelings on? It's been a hot minute.

mikechamp
Hall Of Famer

Post by mikechamp »

I watched "The Sitter" last night. It "stars" Jonah Hill and Sam Rockwell, and includes brief appearances from Bruce Altman, JB Smoove and Method Man.

It's bad. I think it tries to be a more modern (and dirtier) version of "Adventures in Babysitting", but there is really no comparison. It's largely a waste of 90 minutes.

The Third Man
It rubs the lotion on its skin.

Post by The Third Man »

mikechamp wrote:
October 11 20, 11:18 pm
I watched "The Sitter" last night. It "stars" Jonah Hill and Sam Rockwell, and includes brief appearances from Bruce Altman, JB Smoove and Method Man.

It's bad. I think it tries to be a more modern (and dirtier) version of "Adventures in Babysitting", but there is really no comparison. It's largely a waste of 90 minutes.
There's already an adult version of Adventures in Babysitting, my man:

mikechamp
Hall Of Famer

Post by mikechamp »

Was very bored and watched "What's Your Number?" last night. It stars Anna Faris, and also features Chris Evans & Blythe Danner and has small parts for Chris Pratt, Joel McHale, Martin Freeman, Anthony Mackie, Zachary Quinto, Thomas Lennon and Ed Begley, Jr.

Eh. It was ok. Very predictable, but had some funny parts. Anna did a good job. Chris Evans did ok.

On a scale of 1-10, I'd give it a 3.5.

pioneer98
Hall Of Famer

Post by pioneer98 »

I watched Akira for the first time in a couple decades. It holds up pretty well.