movies

Chat about non-baseball topics. No political discussions!
BottenFieldofDreams
Perennial All-Star

Re: movies

Post by BottenFieldofDreams »

I give RRR 5 Rs and a motorcycle kickflip.

ghostrunner
Hall Of Famer

Post by ghostrunner »

BottenFieldofDreams wrote:
June 28 22, 11:17 pm
Really want to see that. Gotta find 3 hours.

heyzeus
Everday Unicorn

Post by heyzeus »

Gonna see Everything Everywhere All At Once tonight. Our first movie theater experience since 2019. Man.

BottenFieldofDreams
Perennial All-Star

Post by BottenFieldofDreams »

ghostrunner wrote:
July 1 22, 12:41 pm
BottenFieldofDreams wrote:
June 28 22, 11:17 pm
Really want to see that. Gotta find 3 hours.
I gave up at a far less fast and furious time after I saw Vin Diesel make a parking garage fall down by stomping on it.

This movie is like Fast and Furious if the filmmakers and everyone else involved actually cared at all about what they were doing or liked it even a little bit. It's really fun.

I watched in two installments. Which is almost the standard for me these days. But I think this movie more than many others I've watched recently is fine for it.

CardsofSTL
All Hail the GDT Master

Post by CardsofSTL »

I just watched Moonfall this week. Yeah it wasn't good.

G. Keenan
Sucking on the Rally Nipple

Post by G. Keenan »

CardsofSTL wrote:
July 6 22, 11:28 am
I watched it on a flight a couple weeks ago but we landed before I could finish.

How does it end? They had just flown inside the moon when it cut out. Do they talk to the aliens and get them to fix the moon?

CardsofSTL
All Hail the GDT Master

Post by CardsofSTL »

G. Keenan wrote:
July 6 22, 1:08 pm
CardsofSTL wrote:
I watched it on a flight a couple weeks ago but we landed before I could finish.

How does it end? They had just flown inside the moon when it cut out. Do they talk to the aliens and get them to fix the moon?
[SHOW]
There are two "alien" life forms inside the moon. Once is the ancestor race of humans that created the moon as a device to seed life on other planets. The other is an AI that was created by the ancestor race. The AI; as AIs tend to do; got self aware and tried to wipe out human life. It found the moon structure and was attempting to take it out of orbit to end humanity. The ancestor race had a sort of interactive computer system that communicated with the astronauts and helped them with how to destroy the AI and restore the moon to it's proper orbit. Oh and the one guy's son that was in jail had a tree on top of him but when the moon's orbit decayed and affected gravity he and the Chinese woman were able to lift it off him and he got up and wiped the dirt off his pants and then walked away.

G. Keenan
Sucking on the Rally Nipple

Post by G. Keenan »

CardsofSTL wrote:
July 7 22, 1:19 pm
G. Keenan wrote:
CardsofSTL wrote:

[SHOW]
There are two "alien" life forms inside the moon. Once is the ancestor race of humans that created the moon as a device to seed life on other planets. The other is an AI that was created by the ancestor race. The AI; as AIs tend to do; got self aware and tried to wipe out human life. It found the moon structure and was attempting to take it out of orbit to end humanity. The ancestor race had a sort of interactive computer system that communicated with the astronauts and helped them with how to destroy the AI and restore the moon to it's proper orbit. Oh and the one guy's son that was in jail had a tree on top of him but when the moon's orbit decayed and affected gravity he and the Chinese woman were able to lift it off him and he got up and wiped the dirt off his pants and then walked away.

Ok then.

go birds
-go birds

Post by go birds »

Have we had a discussion yet on sequels that could be better than the 1st?

I've gotta go with Waynes World 2.

My other choice would be The Dark Knight, but that's somewhat murky since it's part of a series.

ghostrunner
Hall Of Famer

Post by ghostrunner »

G. Keenan wrote:
July 7 22, 1:50 pm
CardsofSTL wrote:
July 7 22, 1:19 pm
G. Keenan wrote:
CardsofSTL wrote:

[SHOW]

Ok then.
I read the full synopsis on Wikipedia and it is wild