movies

Chat about non-baseball topics. No political discussions!
ghostrunner
Hall Of Famer

Re: movies

Post by ghostrunner »

thrill wrote:
August 14 20, 8:44 am
ghostrunner wrote:
August 13 20, 4:41 pm
Slow West
You Were Never Really Here
Killing Them Softly
Wow. Real "contemplating the violent depravity of man and the hopelessness for society" vibes here. I feel it, man.
Yeah. Kinda worked out that way. The Nightingale fits in there too. Some really rough scenes in the beginning of that one. Also the first movie I’ve seen that allowed aborigine characters to have actual personalities.

Hoo boy. That speech at the end of Killing Me Softly though. I wasn’t sure about the movie at first, but the more I think about it the more I want to see it again. The Sopranos used to get into the idea of the criminal underworld being middle management hell, but this movie really leans into it.

thrill
bronoun enthusiast

Post by thrill »

Killing them softly is one of my favorites but is unquestionably very stupid. Tons of fun performances and dumb guy profundity. But if you like grimy criminals and fun tough guy dialog, it’s great.

ghostrunner
Hall Of Famer

Post by ghostrunner »

Scoot McNairy was great, like always. Not sure I needed as much of that scene between him and Ben Mendelsohn where the latter is so doped up he’s falling asleep, but that may play better a second time through.

GeddyWrox
Caught you a delicious bass

Post by GeddyWrox »

Somehow found myself watching the Netflix movie Sleeping With Other People. It was mildly amusing. Borderline C/C-

BottenFieldofDreams
Perennial All-Star

Post by BottenFieldofDreams »

Does anyone know where I can stream the 2003 Ryan Reynolds picture Foolproof? Also, does anyone have any suggestions for what to watch in mintmobile+?

Jocephus
99% conan clips

Post by Jocephus »

BottenFieldofDreams wrote:
August 18 20, 11:06 am
Does anyone know where I can stream the 2003 Ryan Reynolds picture Foolproof? Also, does anyone have any suggestions for what to watch in mintmobile+?

BottenFieldofDreams
Perennial All-Star

Post by BottenFieldofDreams »

Jocephus wrote:
August 18 20, 11:18 am
BottenFieldofDreams wrote:
August 18 20, 11:06 am
I was playing the fool. I thought this marketing ploy was fun.

https://mintmobileplus.com/

ghostrunner
Hall Of Famer

Post by ghostrunner »

Apparently if you feel like watching Cocoon, you’ll need some luck finding it. This guy tried streaming and online rental services , Amazon and other online retailers, and finally got a DVD copy for $25 on eBay. I checked to see if it was available on Netflix’s dvd service in either format and no dice.

This is why I’ve started buying all my favorites on Blu Ray.

Famous Mortimer
Perennial All-Star

Post by Famous Mortimer »

There was a similar article recently about trying to watch the unedited original versions of the first three Star Wars movies. About two paragraphs in, he said "well, I couldn't be bothered to buy a VHS tape or any of the other physical formats they've been released on" and I checked out.

I'm sure there are many many well-known movies that are held up by some contract somewhere from being released. Perhaps I'm too old for these articles, which might as well have the headline "why I couldn't stream this one thing inside 30 seconds".

mikechamp
Hall Of Famer

Post by mikechamp »

This looks like it could be an insightful and titillating movie all at the same time. I've included the trailer as well:
'Skin' filmmakers talk the nakedest movie of all time, how #MeToo movement changed nudity in film forever

As the creator of the popular website Mr. Skin, Jim McBride has spent over two decades celebrating and cataloging nudity in movies.

But in producing his first motion picture, the new documentary Skin: A History of Nudity in the Movies – which is, well, exactly what it sounds like – McBride wanted to take a more academic approach. Something college professors could show film majors. Call it naked academia. “We didn’t want to do something exploitative, we didn’t want to do a breast fest,” says director Danny Wolf (Time Warp, Gigolos), who McBride recruited onto the project when he realized there had never been a definitive documentary made on the subject. “I think we were able to accomplish the impossible, which making this a legitimate, informative and educational [film that] at the same time, is extremely entertaining.” And make no mistake, it may not be a “breast fest,” there is a lot of skin in Skin.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/ski ... 37796.html