movies

Chat about non-baseball topics. No political discussions!
Freed Roger
Seeking a Zubaz seamstress

Re: movies

Post by Freed Roger »

Nodadland doesn't need anymore kudos- i liked it. Characters that are seniors are so relatable - Thus I am old.
[SHOW]
I am part- time weekender Nomad, I have full time wanderlust. it accurately portrays how that its not all fun times wandering around. you have to work, and you screw up like lock your keys in a vehicle, feeling of being alone - but there is great freedom and satisfaction and community (even though alone a lot)

I like how it doesn't demonize the lifestyle choices of the non-nomads in this story. Like her sister.

Also, the way it captured the antsiness and dread when she was at her friends house and sisters. - where she belongs is on the road.

The acting is great , it goes without saying. But side roles are enduring...Swankie, I am reading In LA Times is played by a true nomad seamlessly
In addtion to Nomadland "I Am Not Your Negro" is one of the best films I have seen a long while - (its been around since 2016, and this was my first viewing)

Michael
GRB Founder

Post by Michael »

I agree, Freed. I watched Nomadland last night. It deserves all the accolades it's getting.

heyzeus
Everday Unicorn

Post by heyzeus »

Anyone else watch Coming 2 America? If you have Prime it's free! The critics seem to hate it, but [expletive] them. I didn't go in expecting a heart-rending French psychological drama that will sweep the Oscars. It's Eddie and Arsenio doing all the characters again! Fan service, to be sure, but dammit, right now I want to be serviced.

GeddyWrox
Caught you a delicious bass

Post by GeddyWrox »

heyzeus wrote:
March 12 21, 8:43 am
... but dammit, right now I want to be serviced.
Don't we all.

heyzeus
Everday Unicorn

Post by heyzeus »

GeddyWrox wrote:
March 12 21, 9:48 am
heyzeus wrote:
... but dammit, right now I want to be serviced.
Don't we all.
They have royal bathers in Zamunda.

GeddyWrox
Caught you a delicious bass

Post by GeddyWrox »

CardsofSTL
All Hail the GDT Master

Post by CardsofSTL »

heyzeus wrote:
Anyone else watch Coming 2 America? If you have Prime it's free! The critics seem to hate it, but [expletive] them. I didn't go in expecting a heart-rending French psychological drama that will sweep the Oscars. It's Eddie and Arsenio doing all the characters again! Fan service, to be sure, but dammit, right now I want to be serviced.
I'm gonna watch it this weekend I think.

Famous Mortimer
Perennial All-Star

Post by Famous Mortimer »

Boss Level

Brilliant. Crank mixed with Groundhog Day.

CardsofSTL
All Hail the GDT Master

Post by CardsofSTL »

heyzeus wrote:
I thought it was fun...I liked all the call backs. Wesley Snipes was funny to see too.

BottenFieldofDreams
Perennial All-Star

Post by BottenFieldofDreams »

Bob Odenkirk as Liam Neeson in Old Angry Secret Badass 13? No, sorry. Can't/won't. I kept waiting for the trailer to take a turn to comedy. Might as well be David Spade.