movies

Chat about non-baseball topics. No political discussions!
go birds
-go birds

Re: movies

Post by go birds »

thrill wrote:
August 10 22, 11:02 am
go birds wrote:
August 10 22, 8:59 am
thrill wrote:
August 10 22, 7:40 am
Prey rules. Disclaimer: I’ve never not thought a predator movie ruled.
come again?
All predator movies rule. So my opinion of prey probably isn’t valuable to anyone who doesn’t like the predator series

Also AVP doesn’t count. Not canon.
loooooooooooooooool completely misread your original statement. i was like wtf Predator DOES rule

BottenFieldofDreams
Perennial All-Star

Post by BottenFieldofDreams »

I'm sure this is some standup's bit. But it's funny when you're watching and you don't care how many women and children die, but if anything happens to the [expletive] dog you'll never forgive the movie.

ghostrunner
Hall Of Famer

Post by ghostrunner »

Famous Mortimer wrote:
August 10 22, 2:15 pm
ghostrunner wrote:
July 18 22, 9:54 pm
Exciting news imo
I wonder if there was a single person in the world who was clamouring for another Fletch movie. I'm glad Jon Hamm is starring in something that'll allow him to show his comedy chops, but Fletch?
Yeah, me. Fletch is maybe my favorite Chevy Chase movie. Had a whole group of friends in college who loved it too.

There was a Jason Lee version that was in the works for years and then much later Sudeikis was attached and that fell through. Funny detective-ish investigative reporter. What’s not to like? I suppose Veronica Mars was kind of the same schtick.

Famous Mortimer
Perennial All-Star

Post by Famous Mortimer »

Fair enough, my apologies. I was quite surprised it remained as beloved as it has, then.

mikechamp
Hall Of Famer

Post by mikechamp »

Watched a movie called "The Spirit" about a week or so ago. It's done in that Miller-style, live action comic book way. It stars Samuel L. Jackson, Scarlet Johansson, Eva Mendes, Sarah Paulson, the female lead from "Castle" and a couple other bit actors.

Woof. I want that time back... and I don't say that lightly, because I want to stay on Samuel L. Jackson's good side. But I think even he would agree that wasn't a very good movie. And, for what it's worth, I saw "Sin City" and thought that movie was ok. This one was not, though.

Jocephus
99% conan clips

Post by Jocephus »

mikechamp wrote:
August 11 22, 1:18 pm
Watched a movie called "The Spirit" about a week or so ago. It's done in that Miller-style, live action comic book way. It stars Samuel L. Jackson, Scarlet Johansson, Eva Mendes, Sarah Paulson, the female lead from "Castle" and a couple other bit actors.

Woof. I want that time back... and I don't say that lightly, because I want to stay on Samuel L. Jackson's good side. But I think even he would agree that wasn't a very good movie. And, for what it's worth, I saw "Sin City" and thought that movie was ok. This one was not, though.
i'd blame frank miller

Jocephus
99% conan clips

Post by Jocephus »

vinsanity
Chili dog truther

Post by vinsanity »

Bodies Bodies Bodies was pretty good; I thought some of the parts that could be preachy are done so tongue-in-cheek it works.

Has anyone heard anything about 3000 Years of Longing yet?

ghostrunner
Hall Of Famer

Post by ghostrunner »

vinsanity wrote:
August 25 22, 9:35 am

Going to see it with the wife this weekend. Didn't really know much about it until today and saw that George Miller directed it. Had no idea. Thought he was busy with Furiosa this whole time.

vinsanity
Chili dog truther

Post by vinsanity »

ghostrunner wrote:
August 25 22, 11:12 am
vinsanity wrote:
August 25 22, 9:35 am
Going to see it with the wife this weekend. Didn't really know much about it until today and saw that George Miller directed it. Had no idea. Thought he was busy with Furiosa this whole time.
Reviews seemed mixed; contributors seem stellar; I am still debating about going tonight to the cool Dolby Atmos theater at 8pm. I probably will.