movies

Chat about non-baseball topics. No political discussions!
CardsofSTL
All Hail the GDT Master

Re: movies

Post by CardsofSTL »

Watched the just released Netflix film Extraction over the weekend starring Chris Hemsworth. Lots of violent action; the plot was fairly contrived but I enjoyed the ride.

Fat_Bulldog
likes to grate his own cheese

Post by Fat_Bulldog »

I'm taking my 13 year old to the drive-in tomorrow night to see Ferris Bueller's Day Off and Footloose (original).

GeddyWrox
Caught you a delicious bass

Post by GeddyWrox »

Fat_Bulldog wrote:
April 30 20, 9:29 am
I'm taking my 13 year old to the drive-in tomorrow night to see Ferris Bueller's Day Off and Footloose (original).
Which drive in? My daughter might really enjoy this too!

Transmogrified Tiger
Puppy Murderer

Post by Transmogrified Tiger »

GeddyWrox wrote:
April 30 20, 12:14 pm
Fat_Bulldog wrote:
I got curious too, looks like this one: https://starlitedrivein.yapsody.com/

Jocephus
99% conan clips

Post by Jocephus »

watched the netflix, adam sandler/david spade buddy comedy "the do-over". pretty bad. made no sense. weird acting particularly from sandler. i know this wasn't received well, as have most of the modern happy madison productions but yeah...it's bad. seems like there was 1 joke in the 1st 15 mins that got a laugh from me but that was it.

Fat_Bulldog
likes to grate his own cheese

Post by Fat_Bulldog »

Transmogrified Tiger wrote:
April 30 20, 2:57 pm
GeddyWrox wrote:
April 30 20, 12:14 pm
Fat_Bulldog wrote:
I got curious too, looks like this one: https://starlitedrivein.yapsody.com/
Yes. Starlite Drive In!

go birds
-go birds

Post by go birds »

Uncut Gems is coming to netflix this month.

--go birds maybe

mikechamp
Hall Of Famer

Post by mikechamp »

Watched "Stranger Than Fiction" last night. Big cast (Will Ferrell, Maggie Gyllenhall, Dustin Hoffman, Emma Thompson, Queen Latifah) in this 2006 dark comedy. While I liked the movie, the ending was... I don't know exactly how to describe it. The words "bungled" and "let down" come to mind, but that's not quite right because I also could see people being happy about it, too. And that entire last sentence is unfortunate because all but the last 5 minutes are pretty good.

It's definitely worth a watch, if you can find it. (It's on Showtime on Demand, at the least.)

heyzeus
Everday Unicorn

Post by heyzeus »

I watched a documentary on Netflix called Jack of All Trades that folks here might enjoy. It's about a kid who grew up as the son of a baseball card shop owner, who bought all of those late 80s/early 90s cards that were billed as investments, and now discovers they're largely worthless. It asks what happened to the cards, but also what happened to his dad. Good nostalgia factor here for kids of that era like me!

mikechamp
Hall Of Famer

Post by mikechamp »

heyzeus wrote:
May 6 20, 1:13 pm
I watched a documentary on Netflix called Jack of All Trades that folks here might enjoy. It's about a kid who grew up as the son of a baseball card shop owner, who bought all of those late 80s/early 90s cards that were billed as investments, and now discovers they're largely worthless. It asks what happened to the cards, but also what happened to his dad. Good nostalgia factor here for kids of that era like me!
Wait, they're worthless??? But I have 3 large, cardboard boxes of those damn things!!

Well, I don't have Netflix, so I guess I won't get my soul crushed... yet.