movies

Chat about non-baseball topics. No political discussions!
BottenFieldofDreams
Perennial All-Star

Re: movies

Post by BottenFieldofDreams »

The girl in Borat 2 should be a superstar. I hope the Giuliani thing becomes an odd footnote in her bio.

I know it's a silly movie, but it was a brilliant performance. She brought a heart and energy to it I never could have imagined.

I turned it on without a ton of interest or intent: I've laughed at few movies as hard as I did the first Borat, but that was 100 years and a different world ago. Where Donald goddam Trump is President it's hard to picture a need for Borat. But it's pretty good, and she makes the show.

Jocephus
99% conan clips

Post by Jocephus »

they mostly talk with SBC but SBC can't praise her enough

GeddyWrox
Caught you a delicious bass

Post by GeddyWrox »

I agree. The actress in Borat was adorable and was by far the best part of the movie. I really enjoyed it.

mikechamp
Hall Of Famer

Post by mikechamp »

Bored and restless the other night, I watched nearly all of "The Samaritan", starring Samuel L. Jackson, with a small role for that guy who played Falconi in the first Christian Bale "Batman" movie. The bartender was recognizable, but I couldn't tell you his name if I had 20 guesses. This movie seemed to have a talent budget for Samuel L and... that's about it.

This is not a happy nor funny movie at all. It's dark and mostly a downer. The protagonist (Samuel L.) is a grifter/ex-con trying to straighten his life out. Even when he does have a brief period of contentment, it doesn't last very long and takes a very vomit-worthy turn. (Samuel L.'s character actually throws up, and you feel like doing so as well.) There is blackmail and a double-cross and then another and they try to put a noble, semi-positive spin on the ending, but it certainly didn't make me feel any better about spending ~90 minutes watching this drag of a movie. I just hope Samuel L. enjoys the house this movie probably bought him, because this will never end up on his Top 20 list... ever.

1 star (out of 5), but that's only because if Samuel L. ever found out I gave him 0 stars, he'd find me and beat my...

Jocephus
99% conan clips

Post by Jocephus »

a little more on borats daughter

Jocephus
99% conan clips

Post by Jocephus »

Jocephus
99% conan clips

Post by Jocephus »

i always laugh how the intro scene to "kindergarten cop" is like a totally different movie

BottenFieldofDreams
Perennial All-Star

Post by BottenFieldofDreams »

The new Attenborough doc on Netflix is just exactly what I would have asked for. A Life on Our Planet. I've always wanted to know more about the man behind the voice behind the birds of paradise. I'm sure Tom Holland and Anthony Hopkins will be starring in the biopic soon enough--but this is what I wanted. His story is sprinkled in around his message of conservation and stories of ecological history. And beautiful pictures, of course.

Famous Mortimer
Perennial All-Star

Post by Famous Mortimer »

Prisoners Of The Lost Universe

It's the Italian-80s-post-apocalypse "A Connecticut Yankee In King Arthur's Court".

mikechamp
Hall Of Famer

Post by mikechamp »

I watched "Gone" last night. It stars Amanda Seyfried and some other mid-to-low level actors.

Billed as a thriller, it's a mild one. Not too many "jump out of your seat" moments. As in, maybe 1 or 2. It wasn't a bad way to spend 90 minutes, but it's not a great movie.