movies

Chat about non-baseball topics. No political discussions!
33anda3rd
Replies Authoritatively

Re: movies

Post by 33anda3rd »

For the other Chicago posters...

go birds
-go birds

Post by go birds »

Brightburn was pretty good. Kinda a mix between horror and comic book movie.

I'd actually be interested to see if it turns into a franchise because they seemingly left things hanging. I'd definitely watch a sequel.

GeddyWrox
Caught you a delicious bass

Post by GeddyWrox »

IT Chapter 2 was pretty good but I didn't come away wowed. I felt much more affinity for the kids in Chapter 1. There were a few really good jump scares and legitimately creepy parts, but a few of the scenes where we were supposed to be scared, I actually laughed - mostly at the ingenuity of the creatures and the ways some of the adult protagonists reacted.

I'd say I loved Chapter 1, but only liked Chapter 2. I'm slightly disappointed, I think. But not terribly so.

go birds
-go birds

Post by go birds »

avengers endgame was 3 hours of my life i can never get back

33anda3rd
Replies Authoritatively

Post by 33anda3rd »

Ugh. 6 showings next weekend. All sold out.
33anda3rd wrote:For the other Chicago posters...

BottenFieldofDreams
Perennial All-Star

Post by BottenFieldofDreams »

El Camino is good. It could have been bad and I still would have enjoyed revisiting that world and those characters. I don't know how well it works as a movie. And I'm more interested in the story that would have started at the end of the movie (how does this poor SOB move forward?) than this one. Just a good double episode, is how it felt to me.

Sutter'sBeard
is the oscar meyer weiner kid

Post by Sutter'sBeard »

BottenFieldofDreams wrote:El Camino is good. It could have been bad and I still would have enjoyed revisiting that world and those characters. I don't know how well it works as a movie. And I'm more interested in the story that would have started at the end of the movie (how does this poor SOB move forward?) than this one. Just a good double episode, is how it felt to me.
I'd give it a 7.5 outta 10. There was 15 minutes in the first half that was a little slow. Recaptured the BB feel but didn't force any characters back into the fold for nostalgia sake.

Michael
GRB Founder

Post by Michael »

I agree it was a good movie and an appropriate ending for a character that didn't really get one on the series finale. I was mostly relieved they didn't re-contextualize the prior events which could have been awful.

mikechamp
Hall Of Famer

Post by mikechamp »

Rewatched "Big Trouble in Little China" the other night. Wow, that was filled with a lot of cheesy overacting. Didn't remember it being that bad. Woof.

Freed Roger
Seeking a Zubaz seamstress

Post by Freed Roger »

Enjoyed El Camino. BB created a depth of great characters, from the main ones on down, and enjoyed seeing some of them on display again. Skinny Pete, Badger, Vacuum Cleaner guy.

Todd has put on weight and lost a bit of that boyish Opie psychopath look. Still good though. Got a kick out of the Marla Gibbs (The Jeffersons) part.