movies

Chat about non-baseball topics. No political discussions!
Jocephus
99% conan clips

Re: movies

Post by Jocephus »

Jocephus
99% conan clips

Post by Jocephus »

Leroy
a bad penny always turns up
Location: Hanging out with my redneck, white socks and Blue Ribbon beer.

Post by Leroy »

I finally sat down and watched the Godfather yesterday.

I don't know anything about movies at all, just what I like and don't. For awhile I wondered what the big deal was. About the time Pacino (who I didn't even recognize at first) became more important, I started to like it. In the end it was good, probably about what I expected.

I also had no idea Chris Christie could act.

stlouie_lipp
Hallelujah Brother

Post by stlouie_lipp »

I watched both Godfather and Godfather II recently. Sometimes you forget how good those movies are.

thrill
bronoun enthusiast

Post by thrill »

You ever watch one and be like, "oh I'm definitely a Godfather II guy, this movie rules. It's better than I. And then you watch I and you're like, never mind I can't pick, they're equally good"?

Joe Shlabotnik
Hall Of Famer

Post by Joe Shlabotnik »

"I believe in America"

"It was an ABORTION, Michael!"

"I'm smart and I want respect!"

Powerful lines / scenes nobody talks much about. Well, maybe the last one.

G. Keenan
Sucking on the Rally Nipple

Post by G. Keenan »

Leroy wrote:
May 3 21, 7:59 am
I finally sat down and watched the Godfather yesterday.

I don't know anything about movies at all, just what I like and don't. For awhile I wondered what the big deal was. About the time Pacino (who I didn't even recognize at first) became more important, I started to like it. In the end it was good, probably about what I expected.

I also had no idea Chris Christie could act.

He's a dead ringer!

Jocephus
99% conan clips

Post by Jocephus »

Jocephus
99% conan clips

Post by Jocephus »

one of my favorite movies, Clue, is free on youtube now

mikechamp
Hall Of Famer

Post by mikechamp »

It's been a while since I've posted about some of the movies I've seen, so I thought I would take a moment to share.

10 Years
This is a movie about a 10-year high school reunion. It features an ensemble cast with many notable names, though it is about 9-10 years old now. I've never been to a 10-year reunion, but I feel like this movie captured all the stereotypes very well. What might have been most fun is to see how many of the film's stars have gone on to enormous projects since this was filmed. 4 stars

Smokin' Aces
I enjoyed this one a little more than the sequel/prequel. A lot of notable names in this, though I felt Alicia Keys & Taraji Henson did a better job than their peers. Jeremy Piven gives a lackluster performance, though there's not much to work with for his character. Ben Affleck gets some of the billing on this, but spoiler alert - he's not around very long, and that's ok by me. Just like its sequel, it was somewhat gory but slightly more entertaining. 3.5 stars

Smokin' Aces 2
I actually saw this movie before seeing the first one, which turned out to be ok since it's apparently a prequel. It's a little bit of a caper, but mostly an action movie. Mildly entertaining, somewhat gory. 2.5 stars

Stray
This is a sci-fi mystery. No notable names in this one and a small cast, though the teenage girl does a pretty good job. 3 stars

Butter
This stars Jennifer Garner and a young black girl who somehow face off in a butter-carving competition in Iowa. This film falls squarely in the "cute, date movie" category. 4 stars