movies

Chat about non-baseball topics. No political discussions!
ghostrunner
Hall Of Famer

Re: movies

Post by ghostrunner »

I saw Ready or Not on Monday which was a lot of fun, though I couldn't help thinking it could have been both scarier and funnier. I wish it had chosen one of those to lean into more, though I'm honestly not sure which.

Samara Weaving plays the main character and does a really good job hitting both of those notes. Adam Brody plays her brother in law and the two of them are the only ones who ever seem to feel like they're in a genuinely horrific situation. Everyone else seems like they're in a darker version of Clue.

Reminded me a lot of You're Next and Get Out, and while it's good it's not as good as either of those. Still nice to see something with an interesting premise that isn't a sequel or comic book movie.
angine
Single A Minor League Player

Post by angine »

Just watched the most recent MiB - 'Men In Black International' Thought it was okay. Not a work of art, reasonably simple and reasonably entertaining. 7/10
CardsofSTL
All Hail the New GDT Master

Post by CardsofSTL »

angine wrote:Just watched the most recent MiB - 'Men In Black International' Thought it was okay. Not a work of art, reasonably simple and reasonably entertaining. 7/10
I've been curious about this one. Sounds like good viewing for an off day
JoeMcKim
Perennial All-Star

Post by JoeMcKim »

CardsofSTL wrote:
angine wrote:Just watched the most recent MiB - 'Men In Black International' Thought it was okay. Not a work of art, reasonably simple and reasonably entertaining. 7/10
I've been curious about this one. Sounds like good viewing for an off day
It's not going to set the world on fire but I thought it was a solid movie that was entertaining enough.
GeddyWrox
Perennial All-Star

Post by GeddyWrox »

Rewatched the first installment of IT again last night in preparation for Part 2. Looking forward to...IT. See what I did there? LOL
mikechamp
Perennial All-Star

Post by mikechamp »

Finally got around to watching The Last Jedi. I found it more enjoyable than Rogue One, but I was also less tired. Last Jedi was noticeably long, though.

I'm looking forward to the last Star Wars movie this December. It'll be interesting to see how they wrap up some of these storylines. Also, the comment from Abrams about "the last scene will blow your mind" has me... intrigued.

[SHOW]
Did they leave it too obvious that the next set of Star Wars stories will include those 3 kids from the stables?
Jocephus
99% conan clips

Post by Jocephus »

BottenFieldofDreams
All-Star

Post by BottenFieldofDreams »

mikechamp wrote:Finally got around to watching The Last Jedi. I found it more enjoyable than Rogue One, but I was also less tired. Last Jedi was noticeably long, though.

I'm looking forward to the last Star Wars movie this December. It'll be interesting to see how they wrap up some of these storylines. Also, the comment from Abrams about "the last scene will blow your mind" has me... intrigued.

[SHOW]
Did they leave it too obvious that the next set of Star Wars stories will include those 3 kids from the stables?

Zoom out and, bam: Statue of Liberty. It was Earth all along!
33anda3rd
Replies Authoritatively

Post by 33anda3rd »

Jocephus wrote:
I could pick 5 of those people out of a lineup. So I Google Image Searched the rest and I could still only pick 5 of them out of a lineup. Flula Borg is not a lady was probably the biggest surprise of the search.
Jocephus
99% conan clips

Post by Jocephus »

hah i know flula 'cause he's on conan a lot...but yeah i don't know most of 'em either