movies

Chat about non-baseball topics. No political discussions!
InvincibleCakeEater
GRB's obsessive compulsive baseball poster

Re: movies

Post by InvincibleCakeEater »

Flula on Conan is appointment viewing.

33anda3rd
Replies Authoritatively

Post by 33anda3rd »

For the other Chicago posters...

go birds
-go birds

Post by go birds »

Brightburn was pretty good. Kinda a mix between horror and comic book movie.

I'd actually be interested to see if it turns into a franchise because they seemingly left things hanging. I'd definitely watch a sequel.

GeddyWrox
Perennial All-Star

Post by GeddyWrox »

IT Chapter 2 was pretty good but I didn't come away wowed. I felt much more affinity for the kids in Chapter 1. There were a few really good jump scares and legitimately creepy parts, but a few of the scenes where we were supposed to be scared, I actually laughed - mostly at the ingenuity of the creatures and the ways some of the adult protagonists reacted.

I'd say I loved Chapter 1, but only liked Chapter 2. I'm slightly disappointed, I think. But not terribly so.

go birds
-go birds

Post by go birds »

avengers endgame was 3 hours of my life i can never get back

33anda3rd
Replies Authoritatively

Post by 33anda3rd »

Ugh. 6 showings next weekend. All sold out.
33anda3rd wrote:For the other Chicago posters...

BottenFieldofDreams
All-Star

Post by BottenFieldofDreams »

El Camino is good. It could have been bad and I still would have enjoyed revisiting that world and those characters. I don't know how well it works as a movie. And I'm more interested in the story that would have started at the end of the movie (how does this poor SOB move forward?) than this one. Just a good double episode, is how it felt to me.

Sutter'sBeard
is the oscar meyer weiner kid

Post by Sutter'sBeard »

BottenFieldofDreams wrote:El Camino is good. It could have been bad and I still would have enjoyed revisiting that world and those characters. I don't know how well it works as a movie. And I'm more interested in the story that would have started at the end of the movie (how does this poor SOB move forward?) than this one. Just a good double episode, is how it felt to me.
I'd give it a 7.5 outta 10. There was 15 minutes in the first half that was a little slow. Recaptured the BB feel but didn't force any characters back into the fold for nostalgia sake.

Michael
GRB Founder

Post by Michael »

I agree it was a good movie and an appropriate ending for a character that didn't really get one on the series finale. I was mostly relieved they didn't re-contextualize the prior events which could have been awful.

mikechamp
Perennial All-Star

Post by mikechamp »

Rewatched "Big Trouble in Little China" the other night. Wow, that was filled with a lot of cheesy overacting. Didn't remember it being that bad. Woof.