movies

Chat about non-baseball topics. No political discussions!
thrill
bronoun enthusiast

Re: movies

Post by thrill »

IDK, as a kid who grew up in tornado alley, it freaked me out a bit.

IMADreamer
Has an anecdote about a townie he overheard.

Post by IMADreamer »

I saw a blurb that they may be rebooting Twister. I have mixed feelings on that. Storm never bothered me, I love them actually. When I was in college we would chase a lot. We were doing research but it was still chasing. Lots of fun times, we never got close enough to feel in real danger.

mikechamp
Perennial All-Star

Post by mikechamp »

I once spent a couple days in a town that had been flattened by a tornado about 1-2 months prior to me visiting. They're no joke.

In a related note, if anyone knows a movie producer or director, I can introduce them to an incredible (and true) story that centers around a tornado flattening a town. It's a classic Hollywood tale. I reached out to a writer I was connected to, and he turned it down. I also think he was bitter because his own project, while greenlighted, never really got much traction and he didn't want to see something similar one-up his fictional story.

mikechamp
Perennial All-Star

Post by mikechamp »

There can be only one... set of sequels... per decade....
'John Wick' director confirms 'Highlander' reboot is in 'heavy development'

Conor MacLeod of the Clan MacLeod is still planning return to screens in a reboot of 80s action classic Highlander, to be helmed by the director of the John Wick movies.

It's not yet known whether the project will be a movie – or series of movies – or a TV show, but with the John Wick franchise, Stahelski has made a name for himself as a capable pair of hands in the action realm, having spent many years as a stunt coordinator.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/joh ... 50649.html

CardsofSTL
All Hail the New GDT Master

Post by CardsofSTL »

Highlander with good acting seems like a mistake so I hope they cast Nicolas Cage.

BottenFieldofDreams
All-Star

Post by BottenFieldofDreams »

CardsofSTL wrote:
June 30 20, 2:51 pm
Highlander with good acting seems like a mistake so I hope they cast Nicolas Cage.
Hold on. You're worried the guy from the Keanu Reeves franchise is going to make the acting too good, so you want to get Nic Cage to fix this? The Internet is stupid. It is right about Nickelback, but Nic Cage was the wrong guy to be Official Internet Bad Actor. He is always interesting and often excellent.

I listened to a podcast about this guy who started an eventually murderous cult and weaved Highlander into the theology after seeing and loving the movie. The Kirtland Cult. Fascinating.

CardsofSTL
All Hail the New GDT Master

Post by CardsofSTL »

BottenFieldofDreams wrote:
July 2 20, 10:13 am
CardsofSTL wrote:
Hold on. You're worried the guy from the Keanu Reeves franchise is going to make the acting too good, so you want to get Nic Cage to fix this? The Internet is stupid. It is right about Nickelback, but Nic Cage was the wrong guy to be Official Internet Bad Actor. He is always interesting and often excellent.

I listened to a podcast about this guy who started an eventually murderous cult and weaved Highlander into the theology after seeing and loving the movie. The Kirtland Cult. Fascinating.
No...I was commenting more on the acting from the original franchise; albeit tongue-in-cheek.

BottenFieldofDreams
All-Star

Post by BottenFieldofDreams »

CardsofSTL wrote:
July 2 20, 11:24 am
BottenFieldofDreams wrote:
July 2 20, 10:13 am
CardsofSTL wrote:

No...I was commenting more on the acting from the original franchise; albeit tongue-in-cheek.
Well, I'd watch Nic Cage in Highlander for certain. There can be only one though... one actor at a time in Hollywood. So we already know Chris Pratt will be the Highlander.

andymoor
AA Minor League Player

Post by andymoor »

Snowden - 7/10 - Interesting movie style take on what happened during the Snowden releases. And I found xxnx hot video, it is worth a watch too. There are many categories on every taste and all of them are free. I like to watch adult videos from time to time.

Leroy
a bad penny always turns up
Location: Hanging out with my redneck, white socks and Blue Ribbon beer.

Post by Leroy »

I like Robert De Niro as an actor, but this:
Robert De Niro's finances have been badly hit due to the coronavirus pandemic, according to his attorneys.

De Niro is battling his ex-wife Grace Hightower in court, and appeared via Skype at an emergency hearing after he cut her monthly credit card limit from $100,000 to $50,000.

According to the Daily Mail, De Niro's lawyer Caroline Krauss told the judge that he was forced to make this cut as his finances have been impacted so badly.

Krauss said: "He is going to be lucky if he makes $7.5 million this year."
https://www.yahoo.com/news/robert-niros ... 04077.html

I guess I'm in the same boat, because I'd be lucky if I make $7.5 million this year.