The Video Game Thread

Chat about non-baseball topics. No political discussions!
Jocephus
99% conan clips

Re: The Video Game Thread

Post by Jocephus »

Michael wrote:
January 31 22, 11:14 am
MLB is coming to the switch this year! Also, it will be day one on Xbox Game Pass again!

sports games are the worst for yearly releases and nothing new/reused assets so glad i dont have to buy these.

i will be bummed though, i set the season/all time records for hits, homeruns, strikeouts and many others....and yet, i still have to sign a double a contract each offseason i'm a free agent

ghostrunner
Hall Of Famer

Post by ghostrunner »

I'm not sure I've ever played a game as long as The Show. Now that they're in the last of the inning programs, I started doing RTTS instead of conquests and online, and I'm really enjoying that now.

I still can't hit very well. If they get it near the middle I'm good, and my ball/strike recognition is much better, but trying to move the PCI thing to meet the pitch is a lost cause I'm afraid.

TGantz
R-E-S-P-E-C-T...What Dr Pepper Means to Me

Post by TGantz »

The hitting on the Show took me awhile to figure out. This might be blasphemous but I really liked the 2k MLB games, but they stopped making them. There's a cheap game on Xbox called super mega baseball 2 (I think) that is goofy cartoon characters and teams. My team was the Sirloins for example. But the gameplay was the best of any baseball game I've played.

I can't say enough about this game Green Hell I've been playing. Super realistic survival in the rainforest. Quite the grind but extremely well done. Here's the trailer: https://youtu.be/DmDLagkxe_Q

Famous Mortimer
Perennial All-Star

Post by Famous Mortimer »

Played Forza Horizon 5 to death, and it's kept me company while I've not been working. But luckily my supply of free time and my accolade hunting are both coming to an end at the same time. It's the perfect car physics for me - I turned on GTA Online a few weeks ago for the first time in forever, and the cars feel light and twitchy now.

Then, aside from a few hours when it came out, I've never really gotten into Bioshock, so I might as well give it a go. I can't remember if I'm supposed to kill the kids or save them, so I'll see which one gives me the biggest achievement score and go that way.

Transmogrified Tiger
Puppy Murderer

Post by Transmogrified Tiger »

Famous Mortimer wrote:
February 3 22, 1:24 pm
Then, aside from a few hours when it came out, I've never really gotten into Bioshock, so I might as well give it a go. I can't remember if I'm supposed to kill the kids or save them, so I'll see which one gives me the biggest achievement score and go that way.
I'll spoil in case you/others don't want to know, but:
[SHOW]
There isn't a right or wrong way to treat them, there are 3 different final cutscenes and which one you get is determined by if you saved all of them, harvested all of them, or only harvested a couple. It's easy to find a youtube compilation of all of them if you just want to do whichever is expedient in the moment, or you don't want to start a brand new save to match with one of those goals.

Michael
GRB Founder

Post by Michael »

Prey is one of the most brilliant and overlooked games from last gen. It's a game where there are multiple solutions every challenge you encounter. It's so fun being creative and figuring out your own path.

If you have a Series console it's boosted with faster loading time and higher frame rates. Prey was made by Arkane Studios which Xbox purchased in the Bethesda deal so you can find it on Game Pass. I can't recommend it enough. I'm gonna checkout Arkane's other games next. They're all on Game Pass.

MinorLeagueGuy
The Angst is Real

Post by MinorLeagueGuy »

Any people in here play Deep Rock Galactic?

Jocephus
99% conan clips

Post by Jocephus »

MinorLeagueGuy wrote:
February 22 22, 1:43 pm
thats always on the back burner for me but something new comes out that distracts me. maybe one day but probably not soon...tiny tina's wonderlands came out and i know i'll spend a lot of time with that one farming for gear. and...

for those with gamepass, mlb the show 22 is now live. also if you can navigate to the gamepass "perks" screen (which i only see randomly when i'm on the xbox "home" page/tile) you can get some free bundle that has some packs in it, etc.

MinorLeagueGuy
The Angst is Real

Post by MinorLeagueGuy »

Jocephus wrote:
April 6 22, 6:56 am
MinorLeagueGuy wrote:
February 22 22, 1:43 pm
thats always on the back burner for me but something new comes out that distracts me. maybe one day but probably not soon...tiny tina's wonderlands came out and i know i'll spend a lot of time with that one farming for gear. and...

for those with gamepass, mlb the show 22 is now live. also if you can navigate to the gamepass "perks" screen (which i only see randomly when i'm on the xbox "home" page/tile) you can get some free bundle that has some packs in it, etc.
Tina's is on my short list; just taking a break from FPS's. I haven't tried that co-op the Show mode, so if anyone gets froggy I am Kraken_Nuts on ps5.

Fat_Bulldog
likes to grate his own cheese

Post by Fat_Bulldog »

I haven't looked so am asking out of laziness. I have The Show '20. Can I update the rosters to current or do I have to purchase the new version.