The Video Game Thread

Chat about non-baseball topics. No political discussions!
mikechamp
Hall Of Famer

Re: The Video Game Thread

Post by mikechamp »

The PC version of GTA 5 is now available for free for the next week. Yes, you read that right.
You can get a free copy of 'Grand Theft Auto 5' right now — here's how

And today, going through May 21, the PC version of the game — perhaps the best version of the game thanks to the flexibility and horsepower available on computers — is available for free through the Epic Games Store.

Signing up for and using the Epic Games Store is free, as is this offer — the only requirement is that you equip two-factor authentication to your account.

You can sign up for an Epic Games Store account right here, and then snag the game right here. The free offer is said to be available through the web storefront, and through the Epic Games Store Launcher app, through May 21.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/free-copy-gr ... 14438.html

obucard
Perennial All-Star

Post by obucard »

mikechamp wrote:
May 14 20, 2:55 pm
The PC version of GTA 5 is now available for free for the next week. Yes, you read that right.
You can get a free copy of 'Grand Theft Auto 5' right now — here's how

And today, going through May 21, the PC version of the game — perhaps the best version of the game thanks to the flexibility and horsepower available on computers — is available for free through the Epic Games Store.

Signing up for and using the Epic Games Store is free, as is this offer — the only requirement is that you equip two-factor authentication to your account.

You can sign up for an Epic Games Store account right here, and then snag the game right here. The free offer is said to be available through the web storefront, and through the Epic Games Store Launcher app, through May 21.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/free-copy-gr ... 14438.html

You may want to wait a couple of days.

Jocephus
99% conan clips

Post by Jocephus »

and if you do end up getting GTA V, here are things you can do in the online mode

https://kotaku.com/things-to-do-in-gta- ... 1843008122

even if you don't care for online, the single player is an amazing experience and the game still looks good, particularly if you've got a solid computer (i suppose that's obvious)

Jocephus
99% conan clips

Post by Jocephus »

heyzeus
Everday Unicorn

Post by heyzeus »

If you don't select power drive, you belong in an asylum.

Jocephus
99% conan clips

Post by Jocephus »

i've never really gotten into the far cry series but it looks like they got giancarlo for their new bad guy

go birds
-go birds

Post by go birds »

been crushing [expletive] on my switch lately--revisiting old games via the Nintendo and Super Nintendo apps and just beat Super Metroid. Confession: i had to use a walk-thru to beat it because man those metroid games were HARD.

Nintendo Power back in the day was such an invaluable resource. Kids these days don't even know how good they have it. Though, i suppose that type of game has gone the way of the dinosaur in favor of RPG's and Sports games.

While on the topic of sports games, why doesnt switch have a good sports game. I'm talking like FIFA (i've read that it'ss absolute JUNK on the switch) or any good baseball games.

Is that just something Nintendo isn't interested in focusing on? It's really the only downside to the switch imo.

Jocephus
99% conan clips

Post by Jocephus »

no shame in using a guide on something like metroid, particularly back in the day. games in the 80s and 90s definitely were trickier, now most games have auto-saves, instant load spots, etc....which admittedly, i've gotten used to and i'm not sure i'd want to go back to the old ways. i don't have a switch but my brothers a few years back got me the mini SNES system, which is great but it has a lot of modern conveniences that makes dying less painful, etc.

re: sports and the switch, i can't say for certain but it's probably licensing agreements is a big reason. the best baseball game for the past like, 10 years has been MLB the show but it's exclusively a playstation product. granted, that exclusivity deal finally will end in the next year or so, thankfully...i'll finally be able to play it on the xbox. if you'd like soem baseball experience, i do recommend the super mega baseball series. it's a bit more arcade-y, and not licensed by mlb but it is baseball and it plays well. i've played 1 and 2, and i know SMB3 came out earlier this year and i believe it's on the switch. i think michael has recommended the game as well.

that said, sports games, in my opinion, kinda blow anymore. they are huge money makers for the publishers so they are filled with microtransactions to get you to spend more money...they hit you hard with that "fear of missing out" phenomenon, they sell old players at a premium, you want good players so you buy them. like, say madden 2010 had 10 really great features that you got for your initial $60 dollar price. well, now, madden 2020 sells you 5 really great features for $60, cuts out the other 5 features and then re-sells you those 5 other features as DLC for more money (but they advertise like these 5 features have never appeared in prior games, etc). they rarely update game mechanics...at this point, the games are basically just updated rosters. there is absolutely no reason to buy a sports games/series 2 years in a row. plus, it seems that the new 2k NBA game is going to be $70 base price which is foul...in my opinion.

Michael
GRB Founder

Post by Michael »

Halo was delayed and will no longer launch with the series X. That sucks.

IMADreamer
Has an anecdote about a townie he overheard.

Post by IMADreamer »

No Halo at launch, also looks like no Forza at launch. I guess I get to wait a bit to pick up the X.