The Video Game Thread

Chat about non-baseball topics. No political discussions!
Famous Mortimer
Perennial All-Star

Re: The Video Game Thread

Post by Famous Mortimer »

I'm looking forward to Crackdown 3 coming out in a few days. According to the previews, it isn't quite as amazing an experience as the pre-release publicity indicated (they were talking about a completely destructible environment, but it's not really anything like that) but I loved the first two games and would be very happy with more of the same, just with this-gen graphics.

Michael
GRB Founder

Post by Michael »

Famous Mortimer wrote:I'm looking forward to Crackdown 3 coming out in a few days. According to the previews, it isn't quite as amazing an experience as the pre-release publicity indicated (they were talking about a completely destructible environment, but it's not really anything like that) but I loved the first two games and would be very happy with more of the same, just with this-gen graphics.
I loved the first crackdown and 3 looks like a return to form.

It'll be on game pass day 1 so I have it ready for download. Game pass is awesome

Famous Mortimer
Perennial All-Star

Post by Famous Mortimer »

I re-played Crackdown 1 the other day in preparation (I also 100%ed Crackdown 2, but I don't think it's available for XB1). Honestly, the main reason I bought the console I did was because I found out this game was going to be exclusive to the XB1.

IMADreamer
Has an anecdote about a townie he overheard.

Post by IMADreamer »

Jocephus wrote:
IMADreamer wrote:
Jocephus wrote:after 3 months i officially 100%'ed red dead redemption 2 this morning. quite possibly the best story i've played thru in a game and the scenery is just amazing.

now i've installed hitman: bloody money, hah

I'm on my second play through of RDR2. It's just so good. I took a night last weekend and just went hunting for legendary animals. There is just so much to that game it's amazing.
the legendary animals are great, so is fishing. this could be me being hippy dippy but i felt an aspect of animal conservation with the legendary animals. yes, i get to go on this exhilarating hunt but if i kill it no one else gets to see it. it almost seems selfish you know? also did you know if you complete all the hunter challenges you unlock the legendary panther? and that legendary gator is a beast!

the game says i put 12 days in hah.

fwiw/fyi - here's a link to a heat map of all the animals - https://imgur.com/a/QIX2uQQ

and rdr2map.com is great for finding things you may have missed (side missions, collectables, weapons, money, etc). its got an interactive legend you can select what you want to look for.
Yeah it's an interesting moral dilemma really. The whole game is like that, which is why I think it's so good. Is that criminal locked up in the wagon being hauled in really a bad guy? Should I let him go or save him?

I did not know about the Panther, I'll get there eventually. lol

Michael
GRB Founder

Post by Michael »

The reviews for crackdown 3 were terrible, but I'm really enjoying it. It's a return to form after the disaster that was crackdown 2. The game is pretty short but I think that's a good thing. The game isn't going to wear out its welcome.

Jocephus
99% conan clips

Post by Jocephus »

Jocephus
99% conan clips

Post by Jocephus »

borderlands 3

IMADreamer
Has an anecdote about a townie he overheard.

Post by IMADreamer »

Unless they pull some [expletive] lootbox pay to win, microtransaction love fest, I'm probably in on Boarderlands. The others were pretty fun.

Jocephus
99% conan clips

Post by Jocephus »

IMADreamer wrote:Unless they pull some [expletive] lootbox pay to win, microtransaction love fest, I'm probably in on Boarderlands. The others were pretty fun.
yeah, for sure. at this point, consumers really need to not pre order and wait to see how the mechanics play out. i want to trust gearbox but their owner is 2K games and they're all about MTX's in games. if this is a "games as a live service" game i will be very disappointed. corporate gaming/business models is decimating my fandom of games, i'm not sure i'll make the next gen console at this rate.

Emirett
Single A Minor League Player

Post by Emirett »

Any Fortnite players here?
I found some tricks on how to play like a pro. I came across a cool website where you can find all the best settings of famous pro gamers. It's really a find, you are welcome https://fortnitesettingspro.com/