The Video Game Thread

Chat about non-baseball topics. No political discussions!
Jocephus
99% conan clips

Re: The Video Game Thread

Post by Jocephus »

Famous Mortimer
Perennial All-Star

Post by Famous Mortimer »

Diablo 2: Resurrected is getting the official release today. Anyone else playing it? Want to be Battle.Net buddies?

Jocephus
99% conan clips

Post by Jocephus »

will only mean something to people who play the show but i think TON, bader and goldy all got elevated to diamond status this latest roster update

Jocephus
99% conan clips

Post by Jocephus »

Jocephus
99% conan clips

Post by Jocephus »

Jocephus
99% conan clips

Post by Jocephus »

had a weird experience in the show over the weekend. so i was in year 2031, on the mariners and we were in the ALDS, we won the series in 5 and after the game was over and i was cycling thru the end screens it popped up "you have been removed from the roster" then i keep simming and it tells me the mariners lost in the world series. i coulda have helped ya know? with my .20 era and 100+ homeruns. only thing i could think of was i was going to be a FA at the end of hte season though that still doesn't make sense, no real life team would be that petty. i signed a 2 year deal with DET.

the game does weird things like this i noticed. there was another time where i was traded and i got put in the minors 1st...and this was after like, 5 years of HOF caliber play, etc. so i had to like, spend another 3-4 weeks in the minors, first in AA then in AAA, before they brought me (back) up. also, like, the game tells you to steal a bag and the count on the batter will be like, 2-1...i successfully steal and the count changes to 0-2. i dunno, weird.

they're doing quadruple xp until friday morning 'cause they had a big-o outage over the weekend so i'm rackin' up rewards like crazy, which is nice. got some old AJ burnett card, sold it for 29k.

Famous Mortimer
Perennial All-Star

Post by Famous Mortimer »

Jocephus wrote:
October 13 21, 7:58 am
had a weird experience in the show over the weekend.
My eyes are tired and I thought you mentioned having a weird experience in the shower.

My favourite "the Show is weird" moment was, playing the 2016 version, the Red Sox traded David Ortiz at the deadline in his final season. But even when your character is hitting .700 and breaking every record in the game, you'll get sat for a series for no good reason.

Jocephus
99% conan clips

Post by Jocephus »

A news crew breaks into the old abandoned home of an executed serial killer Anthony Smith, planning to shoot a salacious haunted house story. But is the notorious Easter Ripper really dead or is he waiting inside, ready to wipe them out one by one? Who will survive, and what will be left of them? The spiritual successor to Babysitter Bloodbath.

This game simulates a 5th gen survival horror game. It uses tank controls, third person cinematic camera angles and is meant to be played with a controller. If you have a problem playing tank control games, you will not like this game. It has no auto saves, you must save with pencils which are in limited supply.

ghostrunner
Hall Of Famer

Post by ghostrunner »

Jocephus wrote:
October 13 21, 7:58 am
had a weird experience in the show over the weekend. so i was in year 2031, on the mariners and we were in the ALDS, we won the series in 5 and after the game was over and i was cycling thru the end screens it popped up "you have been removed from the roster" then i keep simming and it tells me the mariners lost in the world series. i coulda have helped ya know? with my .20 era and 100+ homeruns. only thing i could think of was i was going to be a FA at the end of hte season though that still doesn't make sense, no real life team would be that petty. i signed a 2 year deal with DET.

the game does weird things like this i noticed. there was another time where i was traded and i got put in the minors 1st...and this was after like, 5 years of HOF caliber play, etc. so i had to like, spend another 3-4 weeks in the minors, first in AA then in AAA, before they brought me (back) up. also, like, the game tells you to steal a bag and the count on the batter will be like, 2-1...i successfully steal and the count changes to 0-2. i dunno, weird.

they're doing quadruple xp until friday morning 'cause they had a big-o outage over the weekend so i'm rackin' up rewards like crazy, which is nice. got some old AJ burnett card, sold it for 29k.
I still play this almost every day for at least 15 minutes. So nice to have a game like that where I'm not tied down for the next 30-45 minutes if I don't want to be. Still can't play for [expletive] against other people in events or battle royale.

I don't quite get why they can't work DH into this game. Does it do that on regular full season modes? I never play those. The challenges and conquest games though, the pitcher always bats unless you sub in for him.

Other thing about Conquests - they will leave the opposing pitcher in for at least 30 pitches unless I'm absolutely crushing them. Even if they're completely drained of energy. Also their fastballs never slow down after that, though they do seem to lose control.

Michael
GRB Founder

Post by Michael »

Halo Infinite MP did a surprise launch today. It's free to play. The single player is coming out Dec 8.