The Video Game Thread

Chat about non-baseball topics. No political discussions!
Michael
GRB Founder

Re: The Video Game Thread

Post by Michael »

Anyone else looking to get a next gen system? I don't have either on preorder, but I'm planning to get an xbox first due to game pass and Xbox's cross gen updates. I'll likely get a PS5 in a year or 2 when they have more exclusives launched.

Jocephus
99% conan clips

Post by Jocephus »

i definitely have interest but am not going to buy immediately. 1st, not really a game i'm super hyped for thats next gen only and 2nd, i just can't buy these things immediately....possible tech concerns, pricing, don't want to deal with trying to find a pre-order, etc. i didn't go from 360 to xbone for 2 years (bought in fall 2015, for fallout 4). but like i said, eventually i will...xbox, for me, is as much as an "entertainment hub" as it is gaming console. i bought a 3 month gamepass thingy and have to say, it is a nice service. i don't like what xbox is doing, slowly eliminating xbox gold plans and basically pushing people to these more expensive options but i suppose it's inevitable to some degree. but again, it is pretty cool to have this big library available (though it also seems it allows xbox to shaft consumers on the "free games with gold" service they've had...lots of [expletive] games offered lately). i also won't buy a disc-less console...you can't trust these companies to keep their digital library open, even if you've purchased the game. as i get older i do play less and i have huge concerns on the gaming industry (microtransactions, removing content from games only for you to have to purchase it at some other point, manipulation of "influencers" and many more) but i don't think i'm ready to give up just yet.

Fat_Bulldog
likes to grate his own cheese

Post by Fat_Bulldog »

I just got a PS4 in April.

Maybe in 10 years or so.

mikechamp
Hall Of Famer

Post by mikechamp »

Jocephus wrote:
October 2 20, 8:18 am
i also won't buy a disc-less console...you can't trust these companies to keep their digital library open, even if you've purchased the game. as i get older i do play less and i have huge concerns on the gaming industry (microtransactions, removing content from games only for you to have to purchase it at some other point, manipulation of "influencers" and many more) but i don't think i'm ready to give up just yet.
This is why I still have a PS2, and even bought a Sega Genesis about 4 years ago. I don't want to be dependent on an Internet connection to play games, and if their server goes down, you can't play. If I pay for the game, then I don't want to have to pay for add-ons. I'm paying for it all at the time of purchase.

I rarely play anymore, but I have it just in case I ever have the desire.

IMADreamer
Has an anecdote about a townie he overheard.

Post by IMADreamer »

I've barely had any game time lately, but I could see getting the new x box once Forza comes out. I have been enjoying Flight Simulator 20 on PC lately.

Jocephus
99% conan clips

Post by Jocephus »

hah they're adding rambo to MK11

Michael
GRB Founder

Post by Michael »

I got an Xbox Series X. I love it. Everything is really fast with the SSD and I love quick resume. Gears 5 looks amazing and is super smooth.

ghostrunner
Hall Of Famer

Post by ghostrunner »

Agh. Don’t tempt me.

2 Questions

Anyone know where to get a good deal on a PS4? I figure people will either be selling theirs or retailers may be unloading old stock. My son wants to play Spider Man and we both want to play The Show.

Anyone play Cyberpunk 2077 on an Xbox one? Wondering if it’s still worth dealing with the glitches. On the other hand it might be better to wait until I get a One X, even if that’s a few months to a year away.

Jocephus
99% conan clips

Post by Jocephus »

can't answer first.

cant really answer 2nd but i would avoid cyberpunk on the "old" generation. i haven't played it and i want to play the game at some point but definitely will wait until i get the new xbox...which isn't likely soon for me. CDPR is no different than any other big developer and they released an unfinished product. let them fix it before you buy.

Michael
GRB Founder

Post by Michael »

Yeah, I've heard the previous gen Cyberpunk 2077 versions are awful and pretty much unplayable. The current gen versions are better, but still buggy as hell. I'm going to wait like a year before I touch 2077.