Let's Talk about sweet cars

Chat about non-baseball topics. No political discussions!
heyzeus
Everday Unicorn

Re: Let's Talk about sweet cars

Post by heyzeus »

I like that car. Be stupid. Buy it!

Popeye_Card
GRB's most intelligent & humble poster

Post by Popeye_Card »

You bastards talked me into it. (Well, and my wife.) It is going to be in our garage tonight.

ghostrunner
Hall Of Famer

Post by ghostrunner »

Gotta say that's pretty sweet looking.

vinsanity
Chili dog truther

Post by vinsanity »

Popeye_Card wrote:
September 16 22, 9:51 am
You bastards talked me into it. (Well, and my wife.) It is going to be in our garage tonight.
Pics or GTFO.

Seriously tho, love the look. Classic but updated. Spoil yo-self.

Just don't lay off any employees today?

Popeye_Card

Post by Popeye_Card »

Pics will have to wait, but the ones I linked are basically the car - "British racing green" exterior with a tan/black two-tone interior.

Perhaps a video will do justice on the sound and the fury of this beast.

Popeye_Card

Post by Popeye_Card »

Also in a bit of irony, thanks to some well-timed investments in alternative fuel companies, the Inflation Reduction Act is going a long way in helping me afford this V8 hell beast. One of the last Jaguar will produce as they are going all-electric in 2025. Thanks Joe Manchin!

Popeye_Card

Post by Popeye_Card »

Update time. It has been 3 weeks, and...
[SHOW]
I [expletive] love this car. I've not had the chance to really test it's limits, but just taking it out on some country roads you can get it up to 100 mph in no time and it feels like it is just getting warmed up. Sometimes I just open the garage door and stare at it's ass while I'm sipping my coffee in the morning. Today is the first time I've driven it to work, which pissed off my wife because she wanted to drive it to the grocery store. I think that's the sign of a great car - when it can cause marital strife over who gets to drive it for 2 whole miles that day.

At this moment, best investment I have ever made. Any buyer's remorse I had melted away in about 5 minutes. Long live the F-Type.

IMADreamer
Has an anecdote about a townie he overheard.

Post by IMADreamer »

Popeye_Card wrote:
October 7 22, 8:10 am
Update time. It has been 3 weeks, and...
[SHOW]
I [expletive] love this car. I've not had the chance to really test it's limits, but just taking it out on some country roads you can get it up to 100 mph in no time and it feels like it is just getting warmed up. Sometimes I just open the garage door and stare at it's ass while I'm sipping my coffee in the morning. Today is the first time I've driven it to work, which pissed off my wife because she wanted to drive it to the grocery store. I think that's the sign of a great car - when it can cause marital strife over who gets to drive it for 2 whole miles that day.

At this moment, best investment I have ever made. Any buyer's remorse I had melted away in about 5 minutes. Long live the F-Type.
That's awesome. Those cars are so good looking.

GeddyWrox
Caught you a delicious bass

Post by GeddyWrox »

Popeye_Card wrote:
October 7 22, 8:10 am
Sometimes I just open the garage door and stare at [her] ass while I'm sipping my coffee in the morning.
Creeper.

thrill
bronoun enthusiast

Post by thrill »

The F Type is absolutely the best looking attainable elite car. It's not even close. The car just looks incredible from every angle and separates it from every other entry in it's price range. Could you get a corvette with a ton more HP and higher top speed? Yeah, but if you're not doing track days and you don't want to burn through your tires at an alarmingly expensive rate, the F type is absolutely the way to go. Class, elegance, and enough performance to satisfy the most speed loving normal driver. The first time I saw one in the wild was a convertible and just based on the elegance, I thought it was an Aston. The back end of the convertible most especially is a work of elegant automotive art. Not surprising based on the legacy of the model, it's been a stand-out visually forever and ever, but man did they nail it with the latest iteration.