Let's Talk about sweet cars

Chat about non-baseball topics. No political discussions!
IMADreamer
Has an anecdote about a townie he overheard.

Re: Let's Talk about sweet cars

Post by IMADreamer »

cardinalkarp wrote:
May 15 21, 8:25 am
IMADreamer wrote:
May 14 21, 9:16 pm
I've owned this RS7 for almost a month now. I can say I and I swear it isn't hyperbole, it could be the best car ever built. Reliability is TBD, and I suspect it will be not great, but that's what extended warranties are for. It's just insanely comfortable, easy and fun to drive, the tech is super cool and it gets a reasonable 23mpg combined considering it's a 604hp rocket ship. On the highway it looks like I'm getting closer to 27mpg.

What surprises me the most is how many people ask me what I do for a living. It just happens randomly at a gas station, and it's happened twice in a drive through. Anyway, sometimes really stupid purchases are the best.
You mind throwing up a pic....I gotta see that beast.

Was it easy to find? I figured you were going to have to order it

I missed this post. I'll get a pic this weekend. I've barely driven it because I think it is now my wife's daily driver. lol We bought slightly used. Just couldn't justify the new car price when used with 19k miles was almost half new.

ghostrunner
Hall Of Famer

Post by ghostrunner »

I think most of the excitement over this is because of how different it looks from most EVs, and I think I basically feel the same. Not a fan of the big screen dashboards though.

G. Keenan
Sucking on the Rally Nipple

Post by G. Keenan »

LOL, so we're just going to make electric cars that look like 80's sedans now?

I mean, I'm here for it, but we really are running out of new ideas at this point, aren't we?

ghostrunner
Hall Of Famer

Post by ghostrunner »

Beats Cybertruck

AdmiralKird
MBA, CPA, CFA, CFP, JD, PE, MD

Post by AdmiralKird »

I'm digging the Nixie Tubes in the dashboard of that there Pony.

IMADreamer
Has an anecdote about a townie he overheard.

Post by IMADreamer »

Why do I like those so much? I shouldn't like that, but I do.

Famous Mortimer
Perennial All-Star

Post by Famous Mortimer »

I'd definitely have one of the electric F-100s.

Radbird
There's someone in my head but it's not me

Post by Radbird »

#V12 naturally aspirated and non-electrified with 840 hp, 599 units and a price with six zeros: here are all the details on the #Ferrari #Daytona #SP3 , a #hypercar of the #Icona family created to pay homage to the 'golden age of Sports Prototype -- > bit.ly/3cvehAz

Michael
GRB Founder

Post by Michael »

Not a "sweet car" discussion" but...

We've been on the sidelines waiting for the car market to get better, but there is no end in sight. I think I'm going to pull the trigger in the next few months. I've narrowed it down to smaller compact crossovers. I was initially looking at something even smaller, but given this is a shared all purpose car I want a bit more flexibility. Stuff like the RAV4 is getting too big for our garage. We need a higher ground clearance because our alleyway doesn't get shoveled in the winter, so a sedan is out. Our current car scrapes the snow and ice. We're considering the following:

Subaru Forester: The Forester has the smallest width and length in the compact CUV class. The AWD is excellent as well. According to consumer reports, reliability is above average. The interior is simple but nice. I appreciate larger windows and the no nonsense utilitarian look of the Forester. The gas mileage is slightly better.

Mazda CX-5: The CX-5 is a little bit bigger, but still small for the class. The interior has a near luxury feel, but the seats are a little firm for my tastes. I've read Mazda improved the seats for 2022 so I hope there's significant improvement. Mazda's are more fun to drive. The infotainment doesn't use a touch screen which is disappointing, but I've read once people get used to it they seem to like it. According to consumer reports, reliability is up there with the RAV4, so best in class. Personally I think the CX-5 is one of the best looking CUVs on the market. I think I have a better chance at getting this car at MSRP then the Forester.

I like them both. My decision will likely come down to price and availability. I have a feeling I'll end up with the CX-5. If anyone has suggestions or feedback I'm curious to hear it.

Subaru Forester

Mazda CX-5

redbirdjazzz
Perennial All-Star

Post by redbirdjazzz »

Michael wrote:
January 28 22, 12:08 pm
Not a "sweet car" discussion" but...

We've been on the sidelines waiting for the car market to get better, but there is no end in sight. I think I'm going to pull the trigger in the next few months. I've narrowed it down to smaller compact crossovers. I was initially looking at something even smaller, but given this is a shared all purpose car I want a bit more flexibility. Stuff like the RAV4 is getting too big for our garage. We need a higher ground clearance because our alleyway doesn't get shoveled in the winter, so a sedan is out. Our current car scrapes the snow and ice. We're considering the following:

Subaru Forester: The Forester has the smallest width and length in the compact CUV class. The AWD is excellent as well. According to consumer reports, reliability is above average. The interior is simple but nice. I appreciate larger windows and the no nonsense utilitarian look of the Forester. The gas mileage is slightly better.

Mazda CX-5: The CX-5 is a little bit bigger, but still small for the class. The interior has a near luxury feel, but the seats are a little firm for my tastes. I've read Mazda improved the seats for 2022 so I hope there's significant improvement. Mazda's are more fun to drive. The infotainment doesn't use a touch screen which is disappointing, but I've read once people get used to it they seem to like it. According to consumer reports, reliability is up there with the RAV4, so best in class. Personally I think the CX-5 is one of the best looking CUVs on the market. I think I have a better chance at getting this car at MSRP then the Forester.

I like them both. My decision will likely come down to price and availability. I have a feeling I'll end up with the CX-5. If anyone has suggestions or feedback I'm curious to hear it.

My parents just got a Subaru Outback, and it drives really nice, better than the Forester they test drove. The seats in the CX-5 that they looked at weren't good support for their bad backs.