Let's Talk about sweet cars

Chat about non-baseball topics. No political discussions!
obucard
Perennial All-Star

Re: Let's Talk about sweet cars

Post by obucard »

I bought a 2017 Forester about a year ago (see page 11 of this thread). The most negative thing I can think of about it is the windshield defrost is a little slow to warm up.

GeddyWrox
Caught you a delicious bass

Post by GeddyWrox »

We bought my wife a new Hyundai Kona and she really likes it. I've only driven it a few times but it seems nice.

IMADreamer
Has an anecdote about a townie he overheard.

Post by IMADreamer »

GeddyWrox wrote:
January 28 22, 5:41 pm
We bought my wife a new Hyundai Kona and she really likes it. I've only driven it a few times but it seems nice.
Hyundai seems to be really making some solid cars right now.

cardinalkarp
Hall Of Famer

Post by cardinalkarp »

IMADreamer wrote:
January 28 22, 9:41 pm
GeddyWrox wrote:
Still never got that pic of the RS7!!

IMADreamer

Post by IMADreamer »

cardinalkarp wrote:
January 29 22, 2:43 pm
IMADreamer wrote:
GeddyWrox wrote:
Kinda a sore subject right now since the engine grenaded itself after about 5k miles. Haven't seen the car in a bit as it sits at the Audi dealer and we await what they are going to do about it. Since we live in car hell right now where everything is hard to get who knows.

Still those 5k miles were glorious.

cardinalkarp
Hall Of Famer

Post by cardinalkarp »

IMADreamer wrote:
January 29 22, 3:23 pm
cardinalkarp wrote:
IMADreamer wrote:
GeddyWrox wrote:
Kinda a sore subject right now since the engine grenaded itself after about 5k miles. Haven't seen the car in a bit as it sits at the Audi dealer and we await what they are going to do about it. Since we live in car hell right now where everything is hard to get who knows.

Sheesh, that’s not a ringing endorsement!! Were you driving it pretty hard? One would think that should be a pretty solid engine that could take some abuse.

SunnyJim
Veteran Player

Post by SunnyJim »

IMADreamer

Post by IMADreamer »

cardinalkarp wrote:
January 29 22, 3:37 pm
IMADreamer wrote:
January 29 22, 3:23 pm
cardinalkarp wrote:
IMADreamer wrote:
GeddyWrox wrote:

Sheesh, that’s not a ringing endorsement!! Were you driving it pretty hard? One would think that should be a pretty solid engine that could take some abuse.

When it happened it was in my garage and I just started it to leave. It sounded like someone crumpling up soda cans. So I shut it off and noticed all kinds of smoke that had come out the tail pipe. I have to say Audi has been good about it, which of course they should be it's a flagship car. They sent a tech out he started it and was like "yep it's toast." Called the dealer and they came with a rolloff flat bed and got it. There is apparently some dedicated guy for RS failures that is going to look at it at some point. Of course Covid has screwed everything up. Obviously RS7s aren't just sitting around much in these weird times or it sounds like they would just get me another. So we wait.

Michael
GRB Founder

Post by Michael »

Well I tried the new cx-5 yesterday and the seats are still easily worst in class. I rented a Prius that had significantly better seats. What the hell Mazda? It's literally the only brand I've encountered with this problem. Oh well.

GeddyWrox
Caught you a delicious bass

Post by GeddyWrox »

Michael wrote:
January 30 22, 5:27 pm
Well I tried the new cx-5 yesterday and the seats are still easily worst in class. I rented a Prius that had significantly better seats. What the hell Mazda? It's literally the only brand I've encountered with this problem. Oh well.
I like my Murano a lot if you are in that midsize crossover market.