TV Thread - beware, [expletive] can get spoilery

Chat about non-baseball topics. No political discussions!
Jocephus
99% conan clips

Re: TV Thread - beware, [expletive] can get spoilery

Post by Jocephus »

mikechamp
Perennial All-Star

Post by mikechamp »

I've said it before, and I'll keep saying it: Dr. Katz was awesome and I miss that show.

It would be perfect to reboot it during the pandemic, as it would give the out-of-work comedians something to do in a safe manner.

cardinalkarp
Hall Of Famer

Post by cardinalkarp »

So I got Apple TV for Christmas and have watched a couple of their originals.

We’ve tackled Servant and Truth Be Told (w/ Aaron Paul). Both we’re really well done.

As far as Apple TV goes, I’m really enjoying the shows and interface so far.

thrill
bronoun enthusiast

Post by thrill »

I got a year subscription free with a new phone. Gonna check the originals out. Ted Lasso up first.

Freed Roger
Seeking a Zubaz seamstress

Post by Freed Roger »

Netflix series Losers is pretty good so far. Only seen two - The episode on Torquay Fc and Iditorod Aliy Zirkle.

-----
Did a quick forum search of Losers to see if someone already mentioned this. .lol, that was a fun trip down Angst Lane.

olvs
Single A Minor League Player

Post by olvs »

Started watching Alice in Borderlands, this is really good.

Jocephus
99% conan clips

Post by Jocephus »

thrill
bronoun enthusiast

Post by thrill »

thrill wrote:
December 22 20, 9:04 am
ghostrunner wrote:
December 21 20, 3:24 pm
Also - just got done watching The Night Manager, which is a few years old. Based on a John LeCarre novel, which is why i decided to finally watch it. I liked Constant Gardener, and his stuff ought to be right up my alley. Been thinking since he died I should really catch up. Night Manager is good, but it feels like it goes on a bit too long and there's a romantic subplot that feels like a hundred things I've seen before. Well acted overall, but Hugh Laurie and Tom Hiddleston are the two leads and are just kind of there. They're not bad, but Hiddleston is undercover in Laurie's arms dealing organization and I don't think I hated Laurie as much as I should, and I didn't care as much about Hiddleston as I should. Olivia Coleman does a nice job though playing a smart, frumpy intelligence boss that I think might be boring on the page, but she manages to still be kind of charming. You're supposed to care about all this because Hiddleston does, but she's the one who really sells it.
I love every single LeCarre adaptation ever made. I'm just a sucker for ruminative espionage stories. I love The Night Manager. I'd be hesistant to recommend it to anyone who doesn't love LeCarre. It is slow and plodding at times. AMC's The Little Drummer Girl is also worth checking out. Similarly stacked cast. Similar pacing and themes.

Re: The Night Manager, name a single show or film where Tom Hollander is involved and doesn't make it 100 times better? He is an incredible, unlikable villain.
https://defector.com/treat-yourself-to- ... mmer-girl/

Good post about The Little Drummer Girl (AMC).

Jocephus
99% conan clips

Post by Jocephus »

HBO YT posted this today so might as well share it here, 'cause its from the greatest cop/street life/politics show ever and one of the best scenes in said show

heyzeus
Everday Unicorn

Post by heyzeus »

vinsanity and I were just talking about the chess analogy just now. The Wire is the show that all shows should actually be.