TV Thread - beware, [expletive] can get spoilery

Chat about non-baseball topics. No political discussions!
cardsfantx
Hall Of Famer

Re: TV Thread - beware, [expletive] can get spoilery

Post by cardsfantx »

Fat_Bulldog wrote:
heyzeus wrote:
go birds wrote:anyone watch Bloodline on Netflix?

The acting is somewhat hokey at times, but i'll be damned if it hasn't reeled me in. Very entertaining series.
I wasn't ready to see Coach Taylor as a bad guy.

But the guy who plays the black sheep brother was fantastic.
I enjoyed Bloodline. The plot and acting is hokey at times but there are some really good actors in it.
season 1 was excellent, so I just stopped/never watched any other seasons...it wrapped everything up perfectly, so don't see the point/don't want to see what they screw up past that

and yep, Ben Mendelsohn is excellent in pretty much everything he does

Popeye_Card
GRB's most intelligent & humble poster

Post by Popeye_Card »

cardsfantx wrote:
Fat_Bulldog wrote:
heyzeus wrote:
go birds wrote:anyone watch Bloodline on Netflix?

The acting is somewhat hokey at times, but i'll be damned if it hasn't reeled me in. Very entertaining series.
I wasn't ready to see Coach Taylor as a bad guy.

But the guy who plays the black sheep brother was fantastic.
I enjoyed Bloodline. The plot and acting is hokey at times but there are some really good actors in it.
season 1 was excellent, so I just stopped/never watched any other seasons...it wrapped everything up perfectly, so don't see the point/don't want to see what they screw up past that

and yep, Ben Mendelsohn is excellent in pretty much everything he does
Agree season 1 was excellent. Started watching season 2, but it just couldn't carry any momentum for me and it slipped off my watching radar after a few episodes.

Fat_Bulldog
likes to grate his own cheese

Post by Fat_Bulldog »

It got pretty interesting after that when Danny took John's daughter out on a boat...

When John discovered Danny's son.

When John killed Danny...

Radbird
There's someone in my head but it's not me

Post by Radbird »

Two episodes into Wormwood miniseries (2017) on Netflix. Our government at work.

AWvsCBsteeeerike3
"I could totally eat a pig butt, if smoked correctly!"

Post by AWvsCBsteeeerike3 »

Suits ended after 9 years last night. I don't know if anyone watched it but I always enjoyed it enough. Kind of one of those legal dramas though the legal stuff always seemed kind of there just to push the drama amongst characters along. Regardless, that's not really the point. The point is after seeing another decade long show end, it made me think about how bad the last season of GOT was again. The Suits finale didn't have any major surprises. I mean, a few big surprises, but hardly the most surprising moments of the series. But, it was still good and made perfect sense. Paid homage to the series in an unspectacular by meaningful way. Brought conclusions to all the characters that fit within their arcs. Basically, the exact opposite of GOT which can [expletive] off.

heyzeus
Everday Unicorn

Post by heyzeus »

TIL that Connor Roy on Succession is played by the dude that was Cameron in Ferris Buehler's Day Off.

cardsfantx
Hall Of Famer

Post by cardsfantx »

heyzeus wrote:TIL that Connor Roy on Succession is played by the dude that was Cameron in Ferris Buehler's Day Off.
lol yep

and Roman is Macaulay Culkin's little brother, who also was in home alone...was the little kid he was going to have to share a bed with that pees the bed

ghostrunner
Hall Of Famer

Post by ghostrunner »

cardsfantx wrote:
heyzeus wrote:TIL that Connor Roy on Succession is played by the dude that was Cameron in Ferris Buehler's Day Off.
lol yep

and Roman is Macaulay Culkin's little brother, who also was in home alone...was the little kid he was going to have to share a bed with that pees the bed
I could see the Culkins as McPoyles.

Freed Roger
Seeking a Zubaz seamstress

Post by Freed Roger »

ghostrunner wrote:The Handmaid's Tale is really good, at least two episodes in. Cinematography is amazing.

Nice change of pace on subject matter, though a little tough to buy into the premise. It's not so much the oppression of women, it's that there's a national culture that seems to have formed and taken root very quickly. It doesn't look fun for the women or the men, the powerful or the powerless. I think you're meant to think those in charge enforce this out of what they perceive as necessity, but you don't know why these customs and class structures were settled upon. Details are sometimes beside the point in an allegory like this, but the show keeps flashing back and reminding you things were different. Seems like it would be easier to accept if it started 20-25 years from whenever everything changed, and the we didn't know that the characters all have adult memories of life being different. If you can get past that though, it's worth watching.
I am watching Handmaid's Tale - and it is real good, but with having daughters and the powers that be in the USA, it isn't very good for my mental health.

Freed Roger
Seeking a Zubaz seamstress

Post by Freed Roger »

Into season 3 of Handmaid's tale and the implausibility is getting burdensome.
I'm vested so I guess I keep watching and being depressed