TV Thread - beware, [expletive] can get spoilery

Chat about non-baseball topics. No political discussions!
BottenFieldofDreams
Perennial All-Star

Re: TV Thread - beware, [expletive] can get spoilery

Post by BottenFieldofDreams »

go birds wrote:
January 20 23, 10:55 am
on another note--any white lotus heads? great show that i slept on for awhile. i'm too lazy to scroll thru the thread
Well I wish a mediocre sketch on a crappy year of SNL hadn’t spoiled a bunch of it for me. I was a couple episodes in. Season 2 feels more accessible to me (I liked Season 1), but honestly that could be more about me than the show. I’ll keep watching, SNL be damned.

I’ll be disappointed if Greg doesn’t turn out to be Uncle Rico. The hills above the resort would be perfect for him to throw a football over.

ghostrunner
Hall Of Famer

Post by ghostrunner »

The Last of Us is pretty good. 2nd episode was great whereas first episode was fine but nothing I haven’t seen before. The fungus element feels fresh enough, partly because I’ve never played the game. I don’t expect anything ground breaking but I look forward to a zombie show that actually moves the plot along instead of, say, staying at the same farm or prison for seasons at a time and never changing much of anything.

go birds
-go birds

Post by go birds »

BottenFieldofDreams wrote:
January 24 23, 10:23 am
go birds wrote:
January 20 23, 10:55 am
on another note--any white lotus heads? great show that i slept on for awhile. i'm too lazy to scroll thru the thread
Well I wish a mediocre sketch on a crappy year of SNL hadn’t spoiled a bunch of it for me. I was a couple episodes in. Season 2 feels more accessible to me (I liked Season 1), but honestly that could be more about me than the show. I’ll keep watching, SNL be damned.

I’ll be disappointed if Greg doesn’t turn out to be Uncle Rico. The hills above the resort would be perfect for him to throw a football over.
season 2 ended up being better than season 1 imo. and i loved season 1.

BottenFieldofDreams
Perennial All-Star

Post by BottenFieldofDreams »

White Lotus 2 was good. But I’m going to see if Shrinking has a better plan for me to get a spark back in my marriage than cheating on my wife. I really like it.

heyzeus
Everday Unicorn

Post by heyzeus »

Ok I'm watching Last of Us. Made it through the Escape from Kansas City episode. This is bleak.

vinsanity
Chili dog truther

Post by vinsanity »

BottenFieldofDreams wrote:
February 2 23, 9:17 pm
White Lotus 2 was good. But I’m going to see if Shrinking has a better plan for me to get a spark back in my marriage than cheating on my wife. I really like it.
It's fun to see Harrison Ford give a [expletive] on screen.

I'm not quite in love with it yet, I want to see where it's going. I'm worried Lawrence doesn't know what he's trying to do here.

Minor tangent, I get annoyed that he casts his wife in everything. Not saying she's not a good actress or fit for the role here but it gets a little tiresome.

And she needs to stop getting work done.

thrill
bronoun enthusiast

Post by thrill »

*She and her tight face are not in Ted Lasso.

*yet

Michael
GRB Founder

Post by Michael »

I love Poker Face on Peacock. It's a (mostly) episodic modern take on the Columbo "how done it" genre. Rian Johnson is behind it and each episode filled with great character actors. It's a fun show and easy to watch.

thrill
bronoun enthusiast

Post by thrill »

Michael wrote:
March 16 23, 2:28 pm
I love Poker Face on Peacock. It's a (mostly) episodic modern take on the Columbo "how done it" genre. Rian Johnson is behind it and each episode filled with great character actors. It's a fun show and easy to watch.
I watched it over last weekend and when it was over I was really bummed because I just wanted to keep watching. It's just a fun and relaxing show. Natasha Lyonne is great as a half columbo half lebowski dirt bag detective.

vinsanity
Chili dog truther

Post by vinsanity »

RIP Lt. Daniels, just 60 years old.