TV Thread - beware, [expletive] can get spoilery

Chat about non-baseball topics. No political discussions!
MrCrowesGarden
'Burb Boy

Re: TV Thread - beware, [expletive] can get spoilery

Post by MrCrowesGarden »

Stranger Things is pretty much the only show I enjoy on Netflix now. I guess Murderville is fun. My wife likes the reality shows, so I don't think we're giving it up any time soon, but if it was just up to me, I would dump it.

ghostrunner
Hall Of Famer

Post by ghostrunner »

I liked the second season of Russian Doll. Not as good a concept as the first season, but I like seeing Natasha Lyonne doing her schtick.

vinsanity
Chili dog truther

Post by vinsanity »

go birds wrote:
June 6 22, 8:48 am
glad to see my losing interest in ST is being validated.
I think the first season was so kind of unique and fresh that all it's problems were forgiven. The following seasons aren't fresh and unique and the problems have started shining through. Now they are little self-indulgent. It's like they saw Game of Thrones and decided "We can do that....but faster!"

ghostrunner
Hall Of Famer

Post by ghostrunner »

I'm loving the current Stranger Things season. Honestly wasn't expecting to be this into it and was bummed about the run times but I haven't even thought about it since we started. Episode 4 has
[SHOW]
an amazing shootout scene, which is not something I ever expected out of this show. It turned into John Wick for about 2 minutes. The rest of the episode is good too, even some of the Hopper parts which is the only bad part of the season so far.

MrCrowesGarden
'Burb Boy

Post by MrCrowesGarden »

ghostrunner wrote:
June 7 22, 12:06 pm
I'm loving the current Stranger Things season. Honestly wasn't expecting to be this into it and was bummed about the run times but I haven't even thought about it since we started. Episode 4 has
[SHOW]
an amazing shootout scene, which is not something I ever expected out of this show. It turned into John Wick for about 2 minutes. The rest of the episode is good too, even some of the Hopper parts which is the only bad part of the season so far.
[SHOW]
I didn't mind the Hopper stuff, but admittedly it gets better as the season progresses IMO. I think the most interesting parts of the show by far are what happens in Hawkins, and they've done a good job of keeping characters like Nancy, Steve, Max and Dustin important. The California parts of the show that don't involve Eleven have been the biggest drag to me.

ghostrunner
Hall Of Famer

Post by ghostrunner »

Repeating myself on Stranger Things but the more I think about
[SHOW]
that shootout in Episode 4
the more I love it. Just really smartly done imo. They look they’re leaning on an old cliche -
[SHOW]
schlubby worthless cop who just loafs around on house watch and/or thinks the gig is beneath him and the kids are going to trick them into falling for their escape plan. Looks that way for half the episode and then all of a sudden he’s taking out soldiers left and right, actually reloads twice in the course of the fight, and saves all of them. I was kind of in awe the whole scene.

TGantz
R-E-S-P-E-C-T...What Dr Pepper Means to Me

Post by TGantz »

That scene was definitely awesome and unexpected.

The Hopper storyline is a little cheesy, but I kind of like it. The kids not in Hawkins are hard to follow.

There are too many dang storylines. By the time they revisit another group, I've already forgotten what they were up to.

MrCrowesGarden
'Burb Boy

Post by MrCrowesGarden »

[SHOW]
Did they ever expand upon what trauma the cheerleader was dealing with before she died? I know "home problems," but it seems if that was the case, then Vecna would be wasting everyone. Fred killed someone in a car crash, Max is obvious, even with the basketball player they at least hinted he was being abused.

ghostrunner
Hall Of Famer

Post by ghostrunner »

MrCrowesGarden wrote:
June 8 22, 8:57 am
[SHOW]
Did they ever expand upon what trauma the cheerleader was dealing with before she died? I know "home problems," but it seems if that was the case, then Vecna would be wasting everyone. Fred killed someone in a car crash, Max is obvious, even with the basketball player they at least hinted he was being abused.
[SHOW]
There was some imagined/remembered talk from her mother (Vecna) about getting her dress to fit, so between that and her throwing up in the bathroom I assumed there were some mom-induced body image issues. Throwing up could have been from the headaches, but that's what I first thought.

MrCrowesGarden
'Burb Boy

Post by MrCrowesGarden »

ghostrunner wrote:
June 9 22, 8:31 am
MrCrowesGarden wrote:
June 8 22, 8:57 am
[SHOW]
[SHOW]
There was some imagined/remembered talk from her mother (Vecna) about getting her dress to fit, so between that and her throwing up in the bathroom I assumed there were some mom-induced body image issues. Throwing up could have been from the headaches, but that's what I first thought.
I think you're right. Thank you.