TV Thread - beware, [expletive] can get spoilery

Chat about non-baseball topics. No political discussions!
thrill
bronoun enthusiast

Re: TV Thread - beware, [expletive] can get spoilery

Post by thrill »

ghostrunner wrote:
October 29 20, 8:49 pm
thrill wrote:
August 14 09, 9:17 am
I'm psyched for Community. Joel McHale is delightful. Apparently you can watch the first episode online if you are a friend to the show on the facebooks. Since I don't have the facebooks, I can't watch it }:>(
Jesus. This website is old.

(From page 1)
I no longer find Joel McHale delightful.

What a journey.

AWvsCBsteeeerike3
"I could totally eat a pig butt, if smoked correctly!"

Post by AWvsCBsteeeerike3 »

No doubt googling terms from this thread throws the ad algorithms way out of whack. Used to see political things. Now I see academy sports ads full of women in under wear.

Is josh mchale the same we tosh.0?

mikechamp
Perennial All-Star

Post by mikechamp »

I don't think this got mentioned last week:
Jon Stewart Is Returning to TV

Jon Stewart is returning to TV, more than five years after bowing out as host of The Daily Show and with a new home at Apple TV+. Stewart will host an hour-long, current affairs series that will explore topics of national interest as well as his advocacy work. Stewart will be an executive producer as well as host of the new show, with the title yet to be announced.

The series is expected to debut in 2021—so if Stewart wants to weigh in on a presidential race, as he relished doing on his long-running Comedy Central show, he'll have to wait until the 2024 contest, the AP reports. Each season of the show will have a companion podcast to "continue the discussion," Apple TV+ said.

https://www.newser.com/story/298003/jon ... -show.html

Jocephus
99% conan clips

Post by Jocephus »

InvincibleCakeEater
GRB's obsessive compulsive baseball poster

Post by InvincibleCakeEater »

If you haven’t watched Ted Lasso yet, you need to. It is so good.

Jocephus
99% conan clips

Post by Jocephus »

how old is ted lasso supposed to be? the wiki article mentions his character takes wichita state to a football championship even though WSU discontinued football in 1986.

BottenFieldofDreams
All-Star

Post by BottenFieldofDreams »

Conan is getting out of the nightly talk show biz. He's going to go to a weekly variety show on HBO Max. That will be interesting. His bits have always been a lot of [expletive] thrown at the wall and that was often the charm or hook of the bit. Almost always excellent, I'm a huge fan. But definitely nightly stuff thrown together and delivered through his insanely fast filter for commentary. Just saying, if you have a week plus the hiatus to come up with stuff--you probably don't get Preparation H Raymond--for better and worse.

I'm interested to see what he can do with more time to square everything up. I guess there is a track record of this, with some of the remotes and other more orchestrated stuff. This should be fun.

His podcast is pretty good. The first season felt a bit phoned in, but you can actually hear him get into it as it goes along and engage as it becomes clear he likes doing it.

pioneer98
Hall Of Famer

Post by pioneer98 »

AWvsCBsteeeerike3 wrote:
September 12 19, 7:23 pm
InvincibleCakeEater wrote:I’m a couple episodes in and enjoying The Boys.
Just finished the first season last night. It's pretty good, definitely better than average but doesn't blow you away. The ending to the season was pretty awesome though.

I just binged both seasons. It's good. One part of the ending of season 2 seemed a bit contrived, and the setup for season 3 seems like it's starting to reach a little but we'll have to see about that. That's about all the bad things I can say about it. It was really good all around.

BottenFieldofDreams
All-Star

Post by BottenFieldofDreams »

Wow. Will and original Vivian meeting in the Fresh Prince reunion is raw. The Uncle Phil tribute was heavy. Really an interesting, potent watch.

Interesting to reflect on some of those storylines in these times. When/where/how I came up, issues for black Americans only existed for me on Fresh Prince of Bel Air.

InvincibleCakeEater
GRB's obsessive compulsive baseball poster

Post by InvincibleCakeEater »

BottenFieldofDreams wrote:
November 19 20, 2:58 pm
Wow. Will and original Vivian meeting in the Fresh Prince reunion is raw. The Uncle Phil tribute was heavy. Really an interesting, potent watch.

Interesting to reflect on some of those storylines in these times. When/where/how I came up, issues for black Americans only existed for me on Fresh Prince of Bel Air.
same