TV Thread - beware, [expletive] can get spoilery

Chat about non-baseball topics. No political discussions!
CardsofSTL
All Hail the GDT Master

Re: TV Thread - beware, [expletive] can get spoilery

Post by CardsofSTL »

Michael wrote:
March 25 21, 11:55 am
Deep Space 9 is the best star trek series. I hope you are loving it.

thrill
bronoun enthusiast

Post by thrill »

Yeah that is certainly a take, Michael.

Remember that episode where Martok and Worf get captured by the gem hadar and Worf fights his way through them like it's an all you can beat buffet?
Last edited by thrill on March 25 21, 12:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

InvincibleCakeEater
GRB's obsessive compulsive baseball poster

Post by InvincibleCakeEater »

Girlfriend got me sucked into watching Tell Me Your Secrets on Prime.
[SHOW]
It might be the most infuriating show I've ever watched. Not a single character makes any logical sense in any way, and the season finale resolves absolutely nothing.

Michael
GRB Founder

Post by Michael »

thrill wrote:
March 25 21, 12:05 pm

Remember that episode where Martok and Worf get captured by the gem hadar and Worf fights his way through them like it's an all you can beat buffet?
Remember how TNG totally beta'd Worf? He got beat up in just about every fight he was in. DS9 did him much better.

DS9 is by no means perfect and I love TNG, but DS9 is the best all around trek show. The DS9 cast is tops by far.

redbirdjazzz
Perennial All-Star

Post by redbirdjazzz »

Michael wrote:
March 25 21, 12:35 pm
thrill wrote:

Remember how TNG totally beta'd Worf? He got beat up in just about every fight he was in. DS9 did him much better.

DS9 is by no means perfect and I love TNG, but DS9 is the best all trek around show. The DS9 cast is tops by far.
There's a TV Trope for that: https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/ ... WorfEffect

Jocephus
99% conan clips

Post by Jocephus »

ive posted in the star trek thread but i'm telling y'all, mike and rich from red letter media have great star trek reviews...granted they're usually cynical.

Michael
GRB Founder

Post by Michael »

redbirdjazzz wrote:
March 25 21, 12:38 pm
Michael wrote:
March 25 21, 12:35 pm
thrill wrote:

DS9 is by no means perfect and I love TNG, but DS9 is the best all trek around show. The DS9 cast is tops by far.
There's a TV Trope for that: https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/ ... WorfEffect
Hah! Thank you!

TNG is better pure sci-fi, but DS9 is the better show. For example, Nog's character arch is way beyond anything TNG ever did with a minor character. Hell most of the main cast in TNG didn't have an arch as good as Nog's.

thrill
bronoun enthusiast

Post by thrill »

Nog did evolve a lot. Weird how Jake didn't. Wouldn't have guessed that Quark's nephew would have a better arc than the Captain's son after season 1. The thing I can't forgive DS9 for is what happened with Rick Berman and Terry Farrell and the bizarre choice to kill Dax off and bring back a new host for the final season. Then in the final season, 75% of the episodes are fluff rather than diving deep on the conclusion of the war. They just did not stick the landing.

Anyway, the answer to the newest great show that Netflix has produced is Formula One: Drive To Survive, and luckily for me, the Ringer just posted a great article explaining why it rules, so I don't have to.

https://www.theringer.com/tv/2021/3/25/ ... ocumentary

Michael
GRB Founder

Post by Michael »

thrill wrote:
March 25 21, 1:23 pm
Nog did evolve a lot. Weird how Jake didn't. Wouldn't have guessed that Quark's nephew would have a better arc than the Captain's son after season 1. The thing I can't forgive DS9 for is what happened with Rick Berman and Terry Farrell and the bizarre choice to kill Dax off and bring back a new host for the final season. Then in the final season, 75% of the episodes are fluff rather than diving deep on the conclusion of the war. They just did not stick the landing.
Yeah, that was terrible. They had to kill off Dax because Terry Farrell left for Becker (remember that show?). I wish they would have handled it better.

I think the Jake/Sisco relationship was one of the more overrated aspects to DS9 so I'm not complaining on that one.
Anyway, the answer to the newest great show that Netflix has produced is Formula One: Drive To Survive, and luckily for me, the Ringer just posted a great article explaining why it rules, so I don't have to.

https://www.theringer.com/tv/2021/3/25/ ... ocumentary
This looks interesting.

InvincibleCakeEater
GRB's obsessive compulsive baseball poster

Post by InvincibleCakeEater »

Jessica Walter (Lucille Bluth) died. Dammit.