Fancy Fast Food

Chat about non-baseball topics. No political discussions!
TabascoElvis
Perennial All-Star

Fancy Fast Food

Post by TabascoElvis »

The premise? Take fast food and reconstruct it into something that at least looks fancy on the dish. Not much mention in the way of taste. I'm sure they're all vile.

Website

For example: Whop Perguignon (Fancy Whopper & Steakhouse Burger) by Erik of Fancy Fast Food, as seen on Australia’s Weekend Today show

Looks pretty fancy. Maybe something you'd see in Clayton.

Recipe spoilered for length
[SHOW]
Ingredients:

* 1 BK Combo Meal: Whopper with added bacon and mushrooms (have it your way), onion rings, and a bottle of “XXX” Vitaminwater
* 1 BK Combo Meal: Mushroom Swiss Steakhouse Burger , french fries, and a bottle of “XXX” Vitaminwater
* 1 Garden Salad
* 1 bottle of water
* packets of salt, pepper, and ketchup
* organic parsley (for garnish and a touch of irony)

This recipe is a “slight variation” of Julia Child’s classic Boeuf Bourguignon recipe. First, disassemble the burgers to extract the ingredients we’ll need: bacon, onions, mushrooms, the burger patties, and the buns. Using a paper towel, dry off any oil, ketchup, or mayonnaise from the buns, and then toast them in a toaster (or toaster oven or conventional oven) until they become hard and crusty. Once cool to the touch, grate the bread down into breadcrumbs. (This will be used later on.)

Next, cut the beef patties into uneven square shapes, and then slice the bacon into “lardoons” about a quarter-inch-wide and an inch-and-a-half long. Sauté these small strips of bacon in a saucepan for a bit, and then add in the beef. Sauté the meats together until they start to sizzle, and then pour in about two-thirds of a bottle of the burgundy-colored Vitaminwater. Once the beef has been moistened, take each piece with a pair of kitchen tongs and bread it in the breadcrumbs you made earlier. (This will help thicken the sauce, and make the burger squares look more natural.) Add in the baby carrots from the Garden Salad, a packet of ketcup, salt and pepper to taste, and stir. Then cover the saucepan and let it all stew for at least twenty minutes under a low heat.

Meanwhile, use a paring knife to peel the breading off of the onion rings. Add the oniony pieces to the mix of the other onion forms and the mushrooms, and rinse them all in a colander. Then sauté these mushrooms and onions in a small skillet. Finally, put the french fries in a food processor with 1/3 cup of water, and blend until it becomes a mashed potato-like substance.

And now the assembly: place morsels of your beef stew on a fancy white plate. Top it with the sautéed onions and mushrooms, and garnish with chopped organic parsley. Put some mashed potatoes on the side, and then pour some gravy from the saucepan over the meat and potatoes. Serve Vitaminwater in a wine glass.

Leroy
a bad penny always turns up
Location: Hanging out with my redneck, white socks and Blue Ribbon beer.

Re: Fancy Fast Food

Post by Leroy »

That looks fancy?

TabascoElvis
Perennial All-Star

Post by TabascoElvis »

Leroy wrote:That looks fancy?
Sure, it's tall. And on a white plate with a tablecloth. Ah wait, I see what you mean, they forgot the ashtray. :wink:

haltz
Hall Of Famer

Post by haltz »

most of that reminds of the the food they eat in calvin and hobbes, except less green. Although, to be fair, that almost looks better than normal beef bourguignon.

You could pile a relatively small portion kraft mac and cheese in the middle of a large square plate, toss a little parmesan and parsley on top and it would look fancy as [expletive] by this standard.

planet planet
http://tinyurl.com/2e4x5hy

Post by planet planet »

My favorite fancy fast food places are Pei Wei and Sen Sai.

Jocephus
99% conan clips

Post by Jocephus »

my cat loves fancy feast

Jocephus
99% conan clips

Post by Jocephus »

pop_haines wrote:
Jocephus wrote:my cat loves fancy feast
A dash of garlic powder, a splash of chipotle tabasco...and so would anybody.
dont forget serving it on fine china

Cronos
In perpetuum

Post by Cronos »

Jocephus wrote:my cat loves fancy feast
Break me off a piece of that fancy feast!

Jocephus
99% conan clips

Post by Jocephus »