Outer Space Thread

Chat about non-baseball topics. No political discussions!
Post Reply
User avatar
Farewell Friends
Snayke's Bottomline
Posts: 3886
Joined: August 3 16, 9:44 am

Re: Outer Space Thread

Post by Farewell Friends »

I have to admit, I have never given much thought at all to the pyramids or even knew there were theories about how they were built. I suppose I'll be going down that rabbit hole today.

AWvsCBsteeeerike3
"I could totally eat a pig butt, if smoked correctly!"
Posts: 25512
Joined: August 5 08, 11:24 am
Location: Thinking of the Children

Re: Outer Space Thread

Post by AWvsCBsteeeerike3 »

Farewell Friends wrote:I have to admit, I have never given much thought at all to the pyramids or even knew there were theories about how they were built. I suppose I'll be going down that rabbit hole today.
Don't do it.

User avatar
go birds
-go birds
Posts: 30589
Joined: February 5 10, 9:54 am

Re: Outer Space Thread

Post by go birds »

i have to admit, i find the subject fascinating.

Image

AWvsCBsteeeerike3
"I could totally eat a pig butt, if smoked correctly!"
Posts: 25512
Joined: August 5 08, 11:24 am
Location: Thinking of the Children

Re: Outer Space Thread

Post by AWvsCBsteeeerike3 »

Here's my 0.02. It wasn't aliens.

1. They're not that perfect. Look at the pic below. The one in the middle is about 50 meters from being centered getting them in a straight line. I'm not judging or criticizing. Obviously this was an amazing, unbelievable feat and their craftsmanship and ingenuity is beyond reproach....but it's not perfect.

2. Why would they do that? Just to [expletive] with us? Further, why are there hieroglyphics of normal every day stuff (like pornographic pictures) on the walls instead of aliens?

3. The straight line thing can probably be explained a little bit by them not actually being in a straight line but more in a general lattitude and that makes sense as humanity was probably (maybe?) clustered in the temperate zones along that latitude. And, humans are humans. I wouldn't be surprised in the least if despite slow and cumbersome travel, ideas, especially religious beliefs, traveled around.

4. Still, it's hard to reconcile how they were built with the tools we presume they had. There's likely something missing from our understanding. AT least I find that (us not fully understanding what happened) a lot more probable than aliens coming in and building these things.

Image

User avatar
wart57
just can't quit you.
Posts: 25057
Joined: April 18 06, 4:33 pm
Location: Lost

Re: Outer Space Thread

Post by wart57 »

AWvsCBsteeeerike3 wrote:Here's my 0.02. It wasn't aliens.

1. They're not that perfect. Look at the pic below. The one in the middle is about 50 meters from being centered getting them in a straight line. I'm not judging or criticizing. Obviously this was an amazing, unbelievable feat and their craftsmanship and ingenuity is beyond reproach....but it's not perfect.

2. Why would they do that? Just to [expletive] with us? Further, why are there hieroglyphics of normal every day stuff (like pornographic pictures) on the walls instead of aliens?

3. The straight line thing can probably be explained a little bit by them not actually being in a straight line but more in a general lattitude and that makes sense as humanity was probably (maybe?) clustered in the temperate zones along that latitude. And, humans are humans. I wouldn't be surprised in the least if despite slow and cumbersome travel, ideas, especially religious beliefs, traveled around.

4. Still, it's hard to reconcile how they were built with the tools we presume they had. There's likely something missing from our understanding. AT least I find that (us not fully understanding what happened) a lot more probable than aliens coming in and building these things.

Image
They actually align with the stars in the constellation Orion's belt...

http://www.math.nus.edu.sg/aslaksen/gem ... page02.htm

User avatar
go birds
-go birds
Posts: 30589
Joined: February 5 10, 9:54 am

Re: Outer Space Thread

Post by go birds »

yea i was joking with the aliens meme but isn't their documented hieroglyphs of "spaceships"?

AWvsCBsteeeerike3
"I could totally eat a pig butt, if smoked correctly!"
Posts: 25512
Joined: August 5 08, 11:24 am
Location: Thinking of the Children

Re: Outer Space Thread

Post by AWvsCBsteeeerike3 »

go birds wrote:yea i was joking with the aliens meme but isn't their documented hieroglyphs of "spaceships"?
People have said that, but it's far from a given that it's what it is.

And, it's not a lot of them...just one or two graphics that could be interpreted that way.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/weird/641 ... ieroglyphs

AWvsCBsteeeerike3
"I could totally eat a pig butt, if smoked correctly!"
Posts: 25512
Joined: August 5 08, 11:24 am
Location: Thinking of the Children

Re: Outer Space Thread

Post by AWvsCBsteeeerike3 »

wart57 wrote:
AWvsCBsteeeerike3 wrote:Here's my 0.02. It wasn't aliens.

1. They're not that perfect. Look at the pic below. The one in the middle is about 50 meters from being centered getting them in a straight line. I'm not judging or criticizing. Obviously this was an amazing, unbelievable feat and their craftsmanship and ingenuity is beyond reproach....but it's not perfect.

2. Why would they do that? Just to [expletive] with us? Further, why are there hieroglyphics of normal every day stuff (like pornographic pictures) on the walls instead of aliens?

3. The straight line thing can probably be explained a little bit by them not actually being in a straight line but more in a general lattitude and that makes sense as humanity was probably (maybe?) clustered in the temperate zones along that latitude. And, humans are humans. I wouldn't be surprised in the least if despite slow and cumbersome travel, ideas, especially religious beliefs, traveled around.

4. Still, it's hard to reconcile how they were built with the tools we presume they had. There's likely something missing from our understanding. AT least I find that (us not fully understanding what happened) a lot more probable than aliens coming in and building these things.

Image
They actually align with the stars in the constellation Orion's belt...

http://www.math.nus.edu.sg/aslaksen/gem ... page02.htm
If that's the case, they built it upside down!

User avatar
wart57
just can't quit you.
Posts: 25057
Joined: April 18 06, 4:33 pm
Location: Lost

Re: Outer Space Thread

Post by wart57 »

AWvsCBsteeeerike3 wrote:
wart57 wrote:
AWvsCBsteeeerike3 wrote:Here's my 0.02. It wasn't aliens.

1. They're not that perfect. Look at the pic below. The one in the middle is about 50 meters from being centered getting them in a straight line. I'm not judging or criticizing. Obviously this was an amazing, unbelievable feat and their craftsmanship and ingenuity is beyond reproach....but it's not perfect.

2. Why would they do that? Just to [expletive] with us? Further, why are there hieroglyphics of normal every day stuff (like pornographic pictures) on the walls instead of aliens?

3. The straight line thing can probably be explained a little bit by them not actually being in a straight line but more in a general lattitude and that makes sense as humanity was probably (maybe?) clustered in the temperate zones along that latitude. And, humans are humans. I wouldn't be surprised in the least if despite slow and cumbersome travel, ideas, especially religious beliefs, traveled around.

4. Still, it's hard to reconcile how they were built with the tools we presume they had. There's likely something missing from our understanding. AT least I find that (us not fully understanding what happened) a lot more probable than aliens coming in and building these things.

Image
They actually align with the stars in the constellation Orion's belt...

http://www.math.nus.edu.sg/aslaksen/gem ... page02.htm
If that's the case, they built it upside down!
Not if you are on the ground looking up as opposed to looking at them from over-head...

Image

AWvsCBsteeeerike3
"I could totally eat a pig butt, if smoked correctly!"
Posts: 25512
Joined: August 5 08, 11:24 am
Location: Thinking of the Children

Re: Outer Space Thread

Post by AWvsCBsteeeerike3 »

Not buying it. Fake news! Sad.

Post Reply