Lucid dreaming

Chat about non-baseball topics. No political discussions!
JackofDiamonds
Bringer of Boston Baked Blue Balls

Re: Lucid dreaming

Post by JackofDiamonds »

Don't underestimate the comedy stylings of Ghost ODB.

The Third Man
It rubs the lotion on its skin.

Post by The Third Man »

I seriously can't stop laughing every time I read the phrase "Wu-Tang Clan comedy show." That's gonna make my whole week.

JackofDiamonds
Bringer of Boston Baked Blue Balls

Post by JackofDiamonds »

cardinalkarp
Hall Of Famer

Post by cardinalkarp »

If zeus' dream was truly lucid he would have had wu tang sing his son a lullaby & get his ass back to sleep so he could get some well needed rest.

heyzeus
Everday Unicorn

Post by heyzeus »

cardinalkarp wrote:If zeus' dream was truly lucid he would have had wu tang sing his son a lullaby & get his ass back to sleep so he could get some well needed rest.
I may have been dreaming, but even dreams have to stay at least somewhat rooted in reality.

What makes the dream even better is that I'm not even particularly a Wu Tang fan. I don't own any of their albums and hadn't heard any of their songs in a long time when I had this dream.

IMADreamer
Has an anecdote about a townie he overheard.

Post by IMADreamer »

I had a dream last night where I woke up from a dream three times before waking up for real. What's up with that?

jim
Red Lobster for the seafood lover in you

Post by jim »

I had a dream where I went back to my old house that we sold last year, but it was abandoned but somehow I guess I still thought it was mine. I went in and heard someone in, and when I went to scream at him "WHO IS IN HERE? YOU ARE DEAD MOTHER [expletive]!" it came out "MMMPFP MMFPPF FFPMMPFP? MMFFFMP MMFFFPHMP FFMMM FMMMDPRMMPG MMMPS!" because my face was paralyzed in REM sleep. I sounded like Walt Jr.

pioneer98
Hall Of Famer

Post by pioneer98 »

This is wild.

Scientists Achieve Real-Time Communication With Lucid Dreamers In Breakthrough
Konkoly and her colleagues recruited 36 people to fall asleep in laboratories located in the United States, France, Germany, and the Netherlands, with the aim of entering a lucid state in which the person was aware that they were in a dream. The study included several experienced lucid dreamers, including one individual with narcolepsy, as well as people who were less familiar with this type of dream.

The researchers verified that participants had entered REM sleep by placing electrodes next to their eyes, on their scalps, and on their chins. By measuring activity such as brainwaves and eyeball movements, sleep experts can determine if a person had entered this deep sleep state. Some of the participants were then asked to confirm that they were in a dream with a pre-arranged ocular response in which they moved their eyes in a specific left-right pattern.

These eye signals, along with facial contortions, were used as a means of communication during the sleep sessions. For instance, the researchers asked an 19-year-old American participant to subtract six from eight while he was in a lucid dream, and he correctly signaled the answer “two” with two eye movements from left to right. When asked again, he repeated the correct answer.

Roughly 18 percent of the trials resulted in this level of clear and accurate communication from the dreamer; 17 percent produced indecipherable answers, 3 percent ended with incorrect responses, and 60 percent did not provoke any response at all.
What’s more, many participants were able to recall the interactions with the researchers after they woke up, with individuals reporting that the prompts sounded like a voiceover narrator or a radio speaker that was clearly coming from outside of their dream.

sighyoung
Mayor of GRB

Post by sighyoung »

I've been having lucid dreams quite frequently. I didn't use to remember my dreams at all for years, but for the past several months, I've begun dreaming immediately upon falling asleep, but I'm aware that I'm dreaming. I often start out with a nightmare, think to myself that I want the nightmare to stop ASAP, and then wake up. Then I drift off to a deeper sleep.