Escape artist

Chat about non-baseball topics. No political discussions!
Tambourine Man
accepts no jimitators

Re: Escape artist

Post by Tambourine Man »

Ahahaha, nobody helps AD with a solution until we get the full, unedited version of his dog's neighborhood romp. I'm thinking GRB can make a showing at Cannes.

JL21
NPR & THT Contributor

Post by JL21 »

The orchestral swell when the dog finally breaks free of the fence- whether planned or not- is perfect.

My favorite part of the whole video is the pause at the top of the fence to survey the surroundings. I always want to say "Come on, mutt. One more step and you're free. Take the jump!"

I don't have the YT skills to make it happen but I'd love to see a flood of soundtracked videos of AD's dog escaping. Something tells me that the Dukes of Hazzard theme might work, as well as the Peter Gunn theme. Or perhaps Morgan Freeman's Shawshank voiceover about Andy "crawling to freedom".

Tambourine Man
accepts no jimitators

Post by Tambourine Man »

Okay, never done this.

[/youtube]

InvincibleCakeEater
GRB's obsessive compulsive baseball poster

Post by InvincibleCakeEater »

It's ridiculous how well this matches up.

[/youtube]

JL21
NPR & THT Contributor

Post by JL21 »

[/youtube]

cardsfansince82
is shooing asian children away from his fridge.

Post by cardsfansince82 »

That's a cool video even without music. We should vote on the best one and then try to turn it into a viral video. I'm just looking for an easy way to retire so if we could make a bunch of money off ads that would be great.

I had to use a crappy version of this song, but it matches up really well.
[/youtube]

InvincibleCakeEater
GRB's obsessive compulsive baseball poster

Post by InvincibleCakeEater »

lol, I almost made one using the Reznor version of that from the rowing scene in Social Network last night

Jocephus
99% conan clips

Post by Jocephus »

yakety sax, Also sprach Zarathustra, raymond scotts "powerhouse" all seem appropriate as well

Arthur Dent
Hall Of Famer

Post by Arthur Dent »

My little athlete has entered a sad decline at now 15.5 years old. She developed what amounts to dog ALS with her spinal nerves degenerating to the point where she has trouble controlling her hind legs. There is no effective treatment, so I expect she will soon lose all use followed by control of bowels and on to more lethal failures. She’s been a wonderful life companion, and there is no doubt it’s just that the clock runs out without anything to regret. I’d like to be able to approach the situation with some kind of healthy acceptance of the inevitable, and enjoy our remaining time together, but it’s incredibly painful.

Being officially middle aged, mourning the loss of my youth, seeing my parents impending decline, that my years ahead and behind are perhaps equal, what a big emotional waste of time.

heyzeus
Everday Unicorn

Post by heyzeus »

Arthur Dent wrote:
May 23 22, 4:11 pm
My little athlete has entered a sad decline at now 15.5 years old. She developed what amounts to dog ALS with her spinal nerves degenerating to the point where she has trouble controlling her hind legs. There is no effective treatment, so I expect she will soon lose all use followed by control of bowels and on to more lethal failures. She’s been a wonderful life companion, and there is no doubt it’s just that the clock runs out without anything to regret. I’d like to be able to approach the situation with some kind of healthy acceptance of the inevitable, and enjoy our remaining time together, but it’s incredibly painful.

Being officially middle aged, mourning the loss of my youth, seeing my parents impending decline, that my years ahead and behind are perhaps equal, what a big emotional waste of time.
I'm sorry, amigo. My own daffy beagle is now 14 and I'm not even sure what to call what she's experiencing; sundowning? senility? Something like that. She's sitting under me as I type this, licking my feet. Our dogs are part of our families, obviously, but they're also perfect totems. We can project onto them all virtues, because they can't present the same complex problems to us that humans do. Also, they pretty much exist to sleep, eat, and be petted. These are kind and snuggly animals. I'm sorry you're approaching the end of your time together, as am I with my own dog. It's not a day you're ready for, no matter how analytical/pragmatic you may be.

Give that dog a hug right now.