Grills and BBQ's

Chat about non-baseball topics. No political discussions!
IMADreamer
Has an anecdote about a townie he overheard.

Re: Grills and BBQ's

Post by IMADreamer »

Looks like it's new grill time. Kicking around a pellet grill and smoker combo. Any thoughts?

cardinalkarp
Hall Of Famer

Post by cardinalkarp »

IMADreamer wrote:
July 4 21, 12:20 am
Looks like it's new grill time. Kicking around a pellet grill and smoker combo. Any thoughts?
I think your best bets are going to be a Traeger or Green Mountain Grill.

I have a smaller GMG (that I can travel w/ when camping), but it’s large enough to do a brisket or a couple slabs of ribs. It can be a little finicky, but overall works well and does a great job smoking/grilling things.

I can think there are plenty of options out there these days though.

IMADreamer
Has an anecdote about a townie he overheard.

Post by IMADreamer »

cardinalkarp wrote:
July 4 21, 11:34 am
IMADreamer wrote:

I have a smaller GMG (that I can travel w/ when camping), but it’s large enough to do a brisket or a couple slabs of ribs. It can be a little finicky, but overall works well and does a great job smoking/grilling things.

I've had a lot of people tell me Traeger and I've seen a bunch of ads. I didn't know if they were the real deal or just the best advertising. I do like their features though now that I'm looking into them more.

AWvsCBsteeeerike3
"I could totally eat a pig butt, if smoked correctly!"

Post by AWvsCBsteeeerike3 »

Never used one so I’m less than qualified to give a recommendation but I do remember a few years ago looking at rectecs and thought they were good enough to call. Had a good convo. They seemed like legitimate people. But in the end I didn’t want something 1. Electric and 2. Requiring a smoke stack. And to me at least they acknowled not producing enough smoke for people used to a charcoal/wood fire (which is true of all pellet smokers from my understanding )

Fat_Bulldog
likes to grate his own cheese

Post by Fat_Bulldog »

cardinalkarp wrote:
July 4 21, 11:34 am
IMADreamer wrote:

I love mine.

If I were getting a new pellet one, I would get a Pit Boss. The quality is better than Traeger and the price is much less.