Music talk Thread

Chat about non-baseball topics. No political discussions!
Richie Allen
Perennial All-Star

Re: Music talk Thread

Post by Richie Allen »

I like it. Heard them on Sirius too. I just don't like that I now know that I'm part of the group that mistakenly thought it was a Lounge.

mikechamp
Hall Of Famer

Post by mikechamp »

A band like this, to me, is like a bad movie. I am fascinated that either get the funding needed to see the light of day, when so many other things are more deserving of funding, IMO.

BottenFieldofDreams
Perennial All-Star

Post by BottenFieldofDreams »

Maybe Blink 182 is a better reference point. Certainly more generous. Is there an Adam's Song or at least a Dammit on the album?

I'm just not feeling sophomoric as a MO. Especially to be so universally celebrated by the music heads.

heyzeus
Everday Unicorn

Post by heyzeus »

BottenFieldofDreams wrote:
April 13 22, 9:34 am
Maybe Blink 182 is a better reference point. Certainly more generous. Is there an Adam's Song or at least a Dammit on the album?

I'm just not feeling sophomoric as a MO. Especially to be so universally celebrated by the music heads.
They remind me in some ways of Devo. Not that they are art rock or high concept. But that they take an absurdist, deconstructed, somewhat primitive approach to both sound and vocals. I find it unlistenable.

Richie Allen
Perennial All-Star

Post by Richie Allen »

A bad movie is far too wide a swath to generalize. There are fabulous bad movies and then there are predictibly bad, bad movies.

I flip through my 30 Sirius presets and my only rule for stopping is that it's something I haven't heard before. Nothing more boring than overplayed and predictible so I'll take underplayed (at least for me, at this point) and different every time.

And as far as Sophomores go, some of them are cool.

BottenFieldofDreams
Perennial All-Star

Post by BottenFieldofDreams »

Richie Allen wrote:
April 13 22, 11:32 pm
A bad movie is far too wide a swath to generalize. There are fabulous bad movies and then there are predictibly bad, bad movies.

I flip through my 30 Sirius presets and my only rule for stopping is that it's something I haven't heard before. Nothing more boring than overplayed and predictible so I'll take underplayed (at least for me, at this point) and different every time.

The show PEN15 is great. I feel like maybe they're trying to do something similar here? But it's not landing for me. Maybe I'm missing something. The music isn't good enough to close the gap left by the lyrics and delivery for me. Is this one of those things you need MDMA for?

Smith Corks One
All-Star

Post by Smith Corks One »

BottenFieldofDreams wrote:
April 14 22, 12:00 am
Richie Allen wrote:
April 13 22, 11:32 pm

The show PEN15 is great. I feel like maybe they're trying to do something similar here? But it's not landing for me. Maybe I'm missing something. The music isn't good enough to close the gap left by the lyrics and delivery for me. Is this one of those things you need MDMA for?
It would certainly help, but there are at least 492,115 things I would rather be doing whilst on MDMA than listening to that drivel.

Superorganism
Veteran Player

Post by Superorganism »

Is Imagine Dragons like the modern Nickelback? So incredibly bad. I imagine this is not a new take. I’m just starting to listen to the radio again after 10+ years of using the aux cable. And I keep getting slapped across the face with this [expletive] band.

go birds
-go birds

Post by go birds »

Superorganism wrote:
April 18 22, 9:02 am
Is Imagine Dragons like the modern Nickelback? So incredibly bad. I imagine this is not a new take. I’m just starting to listen to the radio again after 10+ years of using the aux cable. And I keep getting slapped across the face with this [expletive] band.

heyzeus
Everday Unicorn

Post by heyzeus »

I'm not in the loop any more, but I'm pretty sure Imagine Dragons are non synonymous with "music that sucks but is on the radio for some reason," a space Nickelback once occupied.