Music talk Thread

Chat about non-baseball topics. No political discussions!
BottenFieldofDreams
All-Star

Re: Music talk Thread

Post by BottenFieldofDreams »

heyzeus wrote:
February 23 21, 9:18 am
Just heard this song, which is good and I like it:
I effing love that guitar solo. I've listened to it a million times. So raw and messy and wonderful. I just assumed it was the guy on second guitar (aren't those guys there for the solo?). But it's the singer/songwriter, which I love on a couple levels.

Here's my other favorite by them:

heyzeus
Everday Unicorn

Post by heyzeus »

BottenFieldofDreams wrote:
February 23 21, 11:03 am

I effing love that guitar solo. I've listened to it a million times. So raw and messy and wonderful. I just assumed it was the guy on second guitar (aren't those guys there for the solo?). But it's the singer/songwriter, which I love on a couple levels.

Here's my other favorite by them:
That's a beautiful song! It reminds me in some ways of Kurt Vile - melancholy, beautiful, guitar-driven. I only heard of this band for the first time yesterday, but I'm already a fan. Other favorite songs?

Smith Corks One
Veteran Player

Post by Smith Corks One »

Yeah, love both of those songs. Always liked “Shark Smile” a lot, too.

haltz
Hall Of Famer

Post by haltz »

That's a beautiful song! It reminds me in some ways of Kurt Vile - melancholy, beautiful, guitar-driven. I only heard of this band for the first time yesterday, but I'm already a fan. Other favorite songs?
I'm going through some of their stuff a bit on Spotify thanks to this thread. Ver voice is fantastic. After listening to that first song you posted "Not" I was surprised by this one. Right off the bat there's some dreamy crooning here that has a whiff of Jeff Buckley or Regina Spektor, which I didn't expect and might not make sense anyway.