The Asshat Thread

Chat about non-baseball topics. No political discussions!
tlombard
tl;dr

Re: The Asshat Thread

Post by tlombard »

I think we were there about 8 or so? There was a group that looked like they might have been celebrating something when we were there but I didn't pay any attention to the rest of the dining room.

Happy belated birthday to your daughter!

Added: The bar had their annual holiday party last night and I was talking to one of the bartenders who was drunk and also knows her really well so I was thankfully able to get some inside help on what she likes/dislikes, etc. and it turns out that the final straw with the last guy she dated was when she wanted to go to the Garden Glow and he would never go because he wanted to stay in and play video games instead. I really nailed that one, LOL. And for the last boyfriend, what an idiot.

tlombard
tl;dr

Post by tlombard »

I'm still dating the girl mentioned in my story about stealing her from her date back in December and somehow things circled back to that night yesterday afternoon. I was minding my own business at work when I got a text from her wanting me to call her because she needed some advice so I called her.

I knew that she had plans last night to have a couple of drinks or something with a guy that she's been friends with since high school and hadn't seen in awhile but apparently while she thought he just wanted to have a couple of drinks and catch up... he sent her a text asking where she wanted to go on their date. Uh oh! The advice that she wanted was how to let him know that it isn't happening without being too harsh so I gave her some suggestions and talked her into actually calling the guy instead of doing it over text like she was planning on doing because it's just the right thing to do in that situation in my opinion. So she called him, set things straight and told him about me. He wasn't exactly happy but he still accepted her offer to have a couple of drinks at the bar.

While we were talking she mentioned that I'd met him before and told me about how they had been friends forever and then the last time she was single he wanted to hang out and she went on one date with him. After that last part, I finally figured out who he is and he's the same guy that I stole her from back in December while they were on their one and only date! For some reason he waited a couple of months to even try to see her again. I guess he figured she'd have gotten rid of me by now so he'd try again. Sorry dude.

So I let them have a few drinks and waited until after he left to show up to the bar. I figured that since I was already a complete jerk to him back in December and she metaphorically kicked him in the nuts earlier that evening, me showing up again and even at the same bar to disrupt his evening would just be mean. So as soon as he left I went up to the bar and we had a great rest of the evening.

Am I a bad person for actually finding everything yesterday funny and getting a nice ego boost out of it? One friend I was talking to before meeting up with her thought it all sounded a bit fishy and that maybe she really was on a date but I think he's just a bit paranoid from his previous experiences. If she was going to see somebody else behind my back, I don't think she would tell me about it AND go to the same bar where we are both friends with the bartender and stop in together a couple of times a week at least. That would be pretty stupid... or maybe genius now that I think about it. It sounds so stupid that nobody would ever see it coming!

stlouie_lipp
Hallelujah Brother

Post by stlouie_lipp »

Hate to say it, but kind of a bad guy for finding it funny, yeah.

tlombard
tl;dr

Post by tlombard »

I get it, I shouldn't find it funny. That's why I posted it in this thread!

mikechamp
Hall Of Famer

Post by mikechamp »

Freed Roger wrote:
November 22 15, 9:17 pm
Stan Kroenke deserves a dishonorable mention in this thread.
Guess who's up to his usual tricks again?
U.S. Billionaire Stan Kroenke Wins Fight to Kill Public Access to Lakes

American billionaire Stan Kroenke—the real estate and sports mogul who owns more than 2 million acres of ranching land across North America— has just won a decade-long legal battle in Canada to keep the public from two lakes that can only be reached through his property.

Kroenke’s ranch, known as the Douglas Lake Cattle Company or Douglas Lake Ranch, used to block access to these routes with locked gates and fences. (Notably, the ranch owns two private lakes on the same property, which visitors must pay an undisclosed day rate to access). So in 2013, the Nicola Valley Fish and Game Club, a local non-profit dedicated to wildlife management in the area, sued the ranch to open the through-ways, arguing the trail had historic significance dating back to its use by an indigenous village, and that Canadian citizens have a right to access public land.

In 2018, a British Columbia Supreme Court judge sided with the recreational group, noting that Canadian tax dollars had been used to rehabilitate the historic trail. But Kroenke appealed, and on Friday, a higher court overturned the 2018 ruling, banning Canadians from “trespassing” on the two paths.

“Our entire club and most of the residents of the Nicola Valley can’t believe that one court of appeals can, with a stroke of a pen, wipe out a 20-day [British Columbia] Supreme Court trial ruling,” Rick McGowan, director of the Nicola Valley Fish and Game Club, told The Daily Beast on Monday. “He swiped out 10 years worth of research and work, all for the benefit of one rich American.”

Last week’s decision comes at a high cost for the environmental non-profit. The judges determined the organization was not a “public-interest litigant,” meaning it will have to pay the billionaire’s legal fees for his appeal, in addition to the hundreds of thousands of dollars owed for their own. According to the Vancouver Sun, the non-profit has been supporting its own legal fund with picnics and raffles.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/u-billionair ... 22330.html

G. Keenan
Sucking on the Rally Nipple

Post by G. Keenan »

What a douche.

GeddyWrox
Caught you a delicious bass

Post by GeddyWrox »

The only way I could hate him more is if he ran for President and became Trump 2.0.

Freed Roger
Seeking a Zubaz seamstress

Post by Freed Roger »

asshat!

Fat_Bulldog
likes to grate his own cheese

Post by Fat_Bulldog »

I wouldn't mind if Stan Kroenke died today.

Radbird
There's someone in my head but it's not me

Post by Radbird »

Fat_Bulldog wrote:
March 9 21, 3:53 pm
I wouldn't mind if Stan Kroenke died today.
I googled his name hoping you were right.