The Asshat Thread

Chat about non-baseball topics. No political discussions!
Jocephus
99% conan clips

Re: The Asshat Thread

Post by Jocephus »

GeddyWrox
Caught you a delicious bass

Post by GeddyWrox »

You're no Brad Pitt, there yourself, home-skillet.

WTAF

obucard
Perennial All-Star

Post by obucard »

Considering he got put on administrative leave, his church thought the same thing.

GeddyWrox

Post by GeddyWrox »

obucard wrote:
March 10 21, 10:34 am
Considering he got put on administrative leave, his church thought the same thing.
Good. F that guy and his 1840s ideology.

ghostrunner
Hall Of Famer

Post by ghostrunner »

You've got to read/skim this article and then watch the video. Most likely a terrible person but his commitment to the bit is off the charts.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... rview.html

GeddyWrox

Post by GeddyWrox »

G. Keenan
Sucking on the Rally Nipple

Post by G. Keenan »

GeddyWrox wrote:
April 25 23, 12:14 pm
I get where he's coming from. He's got a "biblical faith" to preserve as the proprietor of Grills Seafood Deck and Tikki Bar. Apart from eating the shellfish on his menu, which the Bible has a prohibition against, how can his drunk patrons looking around at last call for someone to have out-of-wedlock sex with know if they are sinning with a man or a woman when Anheuser-Busch is using a nasty nasty trans person to advertise their alcohol?

It's enough to make a God-fearing alcohol salesman experience "hell on Earth."

Joe Shlabotnik
Hall Of Famer

Post by Joe Shlabotnik »

GeddyWrox wrote:
April 25 23, 12:14 pm
Two marketing execs put on leave by InBev:
https://www.nytimes.com/2023/04/25/busi ... vaney.html
The maker of Bud Light, Anheuser-Busch, said on Tuesday that two of its executives were taking a leave of absence after the beer was featured in a social media promotion by a transgender influencer.

Bud Light’s sales have slumped amid calls for a boycott because of the advertisement and criticism of the company’s response to the backlash, which included targeted harassment of one of the executives who is on leave.

Alissa Heinerscheid, the vice president of marketing for Bud Light, and Daniel Blake, who oversees marketing for Anheuser-Busch’s mainstream brands, were on leave, the company said in a statement.

heyzeus
Everday Unicorn

Post by heyzeus »

I think I liked it better when the outrage machine of the week centered around things like Hilary's emails, or Obama's tan suit, or whether the M+Ms were too sexy or not sexy enough, or whatever outrageous thing a pop star said, and not an extremely marginalized minority population group for existing.

BottenFieldofDreams
Perennial All-Star

Post by BottenFieldofDreams »

I hope this isn’t disgraceful to say, but for me it’s not just that they’re extremely marginalized (and I’m not trying to minimize that, or discredit the voices calling for visibility and rights), but also that they’re such an extreme minority. You might think there was a trans siege around every Christian church in the country.

It’s sort of like when the experts at Fox News were telling me that ANTIFA had declared Sharia law in Portland but somehow I could still go to the park and the store and the doctor and listen to country music (if I developed an appetite for [expletive]) and pray to Jesus and go to lock down protests (if I developed an appetite for [expletive]).