Legalizing marijuana

Chat about non-baseball topics. No political discussions!

If marijuana was legalized, would you be more likely to use?

Yes
31%
No
47%
I already do
22%

Total votes: 68

Smith Corks One
All-Star

Re: Legalizing marijuana

Post by Smith Corks One »

Famous Mortimer wrote:
February 27 21, 8:46 pm
Although, according to the approvals, there's going to be one opening on Cherokee at some point which I'll be able to walk to.
I was buying weed (hash, etc.) on Cherokee looooong before it was ever legal.

heyzeus
Everday Unicorn

Post by heyzeus »

Famous Mortimer wrote:
February 28 21, 7:29 am
I love STL Style! Most of my wardrobe is their shirts, and my friends back in the UK love their "Saint [expletive] Louis" gear. It's a short walk from my house - I also volunteer at Tenth Life Cat Rescue across the road (they're hopefully re-opening their storefront soon).

No need to go all the way to Ferguson as of this week, as Root 66 is opening on Grand & Chippewa.
Excellent! I grew up with the Vines twins who own and run the place and have known them pretty much since birth. I love what they do for the city - just tireless cheerleaders for the City of St. Louis. I hear they recently bought matching vintage VW Bugs, which are usually parked outside the shop on Cherokee. Next time I'm in STL I need to run by there, some of my shirts are wearing out.

Famous Mortimer
Perennial All-Star

Post by Famous Mortimer »

Yes - they've got one in orange with "City of St Louis Bug" written on the side in the old city font, and a blue one with a couple of jagged lines running round it. And I occasionally see one of them supervising the Cherokee Street walking tour.

Fat_Bulldog
likes to grate his own cheese

Post by Fat_Bulldog »

My friend told me that the "Beyond Hello" locations in Sauget are quick and helpful. You can walk right in and browse.

heyzeus
Everday Unicorn

Post by heyzeus »

I wish I didn't live in a moron state. Unfortunately most of the warm places are.

CardsofSTL
All Hail the GDT Master

Post by CardsofSTL »

heyzeus wrote:
March 1 21, 4:01 pm
I wish I didn't live in a moron state. Unfortunately most of the warm places are.
I read this three times before I realized it said moron state instead of mormon. :cry:

GeddyWrox
Caught you a delicious bass

Post by GeddyWrox »

OK, so hypothetically... asking for a friend...

A Missouri resident doesn't want to bother with the medical card. They go over to Illinois and stock up. On the way back home they get pulled over and the cop "smells drugs". What are the legal ramifications these days???

G. Keenan
Sucking on the Rally Nipple

Post by G. Keenan »

GeddyWrox wrote:
March 1 21, 5:11 pm

A Missouri resident doesn't want to bother with the medical card. They go over to Illinois and stock up. On the way back home they get pulled over and the cop "smells drugs". What are the legal ramifications these days???
I suppose whatever the penalty for possession is in MO these days. Is it at least decriminalized there so that you just get a ticket?

I'd have to imagine that hundreds of people are doing this every day in the states surrounding IL that don't have legal adult recreational yet. The police probably aren't too worried about it.

Jocephus
99% conan clips

Post by Jocephus »

plus if you have it in a bag, like back pack, or whatever, i doubt a cop would smell anything from just leaning by window. when i buy an 1/8th, they put that in a small baggie but then put that in a plastic tube. and quite frankly, other than deli flower, doubt you'd have anything that would *reek* of weed. wax, edibles, vape stuff, even joints aren't gonna be giving off major fumes.

out here in CO, they put your order in a paper bag and staple it. if the staple would be removed if you had been pulled over by a cop, that would tell them it was opened before reaching home but otherwise it just looks like a prescription order pickup or whatever.

CardsofSTL
All Hail the GDT Master

Post by CardsofSTL »

GeddyWrox wrote:
March 1 21, 5:11 pm

Here's an article from last year that discusses that.

https://ktvo.com/news/local/pot-is-now- ... es-with-it