Legalizing marijuana

Chat about non-baseball topics. No political discussions!

If marijuana was legalized, would you be more likely to use?

Yes
31%
No
47%
I already do
22%

Total votes: 68

thrill
bronoun enthusiast

Re: Legalizing marijuana

Post by thrill »

Accurate.

Jocephus
99% conan clips

Post by Jocephus »

thrill
bronoun enthusiast

Post by thrill »

Been really wanting to find a mushroom connect so I can rent a VRBO on the beach and trip in the moonlight. Never done a hallucinogen, but I'm looking to kill my ego.

Jocephus
99% conan clips

Post by Jocephus »

i've done mushrooms 4 times but only the 1st two were very good/impactful. i'd like to try it at least one more time.

BottenFieldofDreams
Perennial All-Star

Post by BottenFieldofDreams »

Jocephus wrote:
July 14 20, 9:22 am
i've done mushrooms 4 times but only the 1st two were very good/impactful. i'd like to try it at least one more time.
They've never done a thing for me. I wonder if it's my meds? The stuff freaks me out a little, because my aunt that got into it in the 70s is a space cadet now. But I've heard it can break you out of the rat's nests of your brain. Id like to successfully try psychedelics. Probably would heva been a better pursuit before fatherhood.

Michael
GRB Founder

Post by Michael »

I've been wanting to transition from vaping to edibles because I prefer the more consistent edible high and not, you know, having to vape. I'm sure vaping is safer than smoking, but that doesn't mean it's good for you. However, in IL edibles are very expensive and they limit the max number of mgs you can buy to 500 mg. I'm someone who can pop a 100 mg edible (for whatever reason I have a naturally crazy weed tolerance) so having visit a dispensary during a pandemic so often was a non-starter. Instead I've started buying the 1 gram shatter concentrates for around 80-100 dollars. That gets me the equivalent of ten $45 100 mg edible chocolate bars. You can buy up to 5 grams of concentrate (equivalent to 50 bars) in one visit.

To make a concentrate edible, I put some of it on parchment paper and a baking sheet, and then put the concentrate in the oven at 240 degrees for 45-50 minutes to decarboxylate (this process activates the THC). Next, I put the concentrate in the fringe for 2-5 min to harden it, then I eat it. I don't suggest doing this if your tolerance levels are low because it's hard to accurately dose, but it's a very cost effective way to consume edibles if you're a more experienced stoner.

Jocephus
99% conan clips

Post by Jocephus »

100mg is your standard?! damn hah. i'll have chocolate edibles maybe 1x a week (gummies/candies do nothing for me) but just do 2 segments of a bar, for 20mg total and that usually feels impactful/pleasant.

i actually finally bought a new pipe on saturday, just a simple glass spoon pipe, from a local blower for about 30 bucks. when i moved out here i gave all my paraphernalia to a buddy just 'cause i wasn't sure what to expect when i first got in CO. i've been buying joints mostly since coming out here and they're nice/fine but it would seem wasteful when i would just take a few puffs then have to put it out and ultimately lose some herb while trying to snuff out the lit end of the joint, etc. i know smoking has its risks and all but was at least wanting to also get away from also smoking paper, etc...plus the prices for an eighth seem really fair (particularly compared to when i was buying illegally...but i may have also been getting misled/overpriced) so i got 2 strains after i picked up my pipe. definitely enjoying it. i've been able to make a dispensary run last about 4-5 weeks so i've been happy with that and quite frankly my usage has gone down since moving here so also happy with that.

i think my next "decision" is whether to get like, an actual bong or nice big glass pipe. in all my years, i've always just had a glass spoon type, mainly for discretion and ease. i really don't have a lot of experience with bongs but maybe it would be fun to have one? it's not high on my to do list any time soon but it's in the back of my mind.

Michael
GRB Founder

Post by Michael »

100mg is the top end, but yeah I can go there. The first time I did edibles it was like 40mg lol. I've always been a booze lightweight, but weed is something else for me.

You should start dabbing*
[SHOW]
*don't actually do this.

Jocephus
99% conan clips

Post by Jocephus »

you know i have some interest in that but honestly the initial investment part has always been kind of a turn off for me. maybe it would all even out but when i look at prices initially i typically get a furled brow and just go on with what i know best.

Michael
GRB Founder

Post by Michael »

I think dabbing makes sense if you want to go to the moon and question your reality, but it's a terrible solution for casual use. Using that much concentrate for a few hits looks insane to me. I certainly wouldn't recommend it if you're a guy who enjoys 20 mg edibles.

Also...
Michael wrote:
March 17 20, 3:03 pm
Given we're all stuck at home I decided to present the official "Michael's Guide to Watching TV Baked on the Couch" Hulu/Netflix edition. I tend to like absurd happy little shows. I don't like a lot of cynicism or tension.

In no particular order:

1) Comedy Bang Bang (Netflix) - My first "stoner" show. CBB is an absurd fake talk show (originally a podcast) that that's a riot, but never aggressively cynical. Seasons 2 & 3 are my favorites. CBB has a few callbacks, but you can skip around if there's certain guests that interest you the most.

2) Parks and Recreation (Netflix) - Skip the first season, but after that P&R is like a comforting bowl chicken soup. The show full of likable characters getting in to silly situations.

3) Rick and Morty (Hulu) - Yeah, the fan base sucks, but the show is legit hilariously great. RM goes in some mind bending places that weed really enhances. The show is cynical, but I think RM being a cartoon takes the edge off for me.

4) OG Twilight Zone (Netflix) - 1950's sci-fi is fascinating. The show has tons of, simple, yet great stories. Some of the stories have very outdated viewpoints, but that's one of the reasons why it's interesting. For example, one show had a guy tell a women to quit school and start a family, and he was presented as the voice of reason! Also, you can totally see all the Russia/Communism scare for many of the episodes. I also love how it's filmed during an experimental time for TV. Lots of weird/artful shooting angles, etc on sound stages that look amazing stoned.

5) WWE NXT (Hulu) - I'm embarrassed but I have to add it. NXT is WWE's minor league, which makes it way more fun and charming. I don't even watch the main WWE Smackdown and Raw shows. NXT is all I need.

6) The Eric Andre Show - Total craziness. Sometimes his talk show gets a little too mean spirited for my baked tastes, but when it's good it's a top tier weed show.

7) Your Pretty Face Is Going to Hell (Hulu) - What if hell was run like an office?

8) Broad City (Hulu) - I love the girls and their hijenks. Seasons 1-3 are very strong.

9) Neon Joe - Season 1 only (Hulu) - NJ presents a world where there are werewolves and the greatest werewolf hunter speaks with an intentionally terrible cajun accent and only wears neon. So yeah, you know what you're getting yourself in to. Season 2 is just ok.

10) Tim & Eric's Bedtime Stories (Hulu) - I totally understand if you hate Tim & Eric's main show, but hear me out. Bedtime stories have actual plots and it isn't always random nonsense. For reference, I HATE their main show enhanced or not. Not all the episodes are winners, but there are some legit bangers as well.

11) Toast of London (Netflix) - Stoned and looking for absurd British humor? Toast of London has you covered.

12) I Think You Should Leave with Tim Robinson (Netflix) - There's only been one season, but I think ITYSL is my favorite sketch comedy show of all time.

13) Schitt's Creek (Netflix) - Like Parks and Recreation, Schitt's Creek is a happy little show where likable characters with tons of chemistry get in hilarious situations. The first few episodes are uneven, but if you stick with it you'll be rewarded.

If you forced me to pick my top three stoner shows I'd go with "Comedy Bang Bang", "Rick and Morty", "I Think You Should Leave with Tim Robinson".
Add Mike Tyson Mysteries and Childrens Hospital to this list. Both are excellent stoner shows on Hulu.