Legalizing marijuana

Chat about non-baseball topics. No political discussions!

If marijuana was legalized, would you be more likely to use?

Yes
31%
No
47%
I already do
22%

Total votes: 68

thrill
bronoun enthusiast

Re: Legalizing marijuana

Post by thrill »

Don't even get me started on kratom. People are dumb.

I also wonder what the overlap is of people who will consume these [expletive] drugs but are also afraid that the covid vaccine will hurt them.

Jocephus
99% conan clips

Post by Jocephus »

you know i hear about kratom and i think ive even seen it advertised around here but no idea what it is or if it's another one of these gimmicks.

G. Keenan
Sucking on the Rally Nipple

Post by G. Keenan »

thrill wrote:
August 17 21, 10:12 am
Don't even get me started on kratom. People are dumb.

I also wonder what the overlap is of people who will consume these [expletive] drugs but are also afraid that the covid vaccine will hurt them.
Kratom is completely insane. From what I understand it is a tree from Indonesia or some such place that gets ground up and sold to heroin addicts. It does reportedly help ease the symptoms of opioid withdrawal so I guess it has that going for it. Here in Chicago there is a CBD/Kratom shop on every other block, which probably speaks to the number of opioid addicts here. They started popping up everywhere I want to say like 3 - 4 years ago. I would imagine with legal weed here now their CBD business probably isn't doing too hot but maybe Kratom sales are still good. Who knows.

Do not even mess around with these synthetic cannabis gimmicks. They are poison.

heyzeus
Everday Unicorn

Post by heyzeus »

I remember when that K2/Spice stuff first hit the streets, and it was making homeless people like bite eachother's faces off. In general, I want no part of synthetic versions of the largely harmless plants our dumb-dumb state government still is trying to keep away from us.

G. Keenan
Sucking on the Rally Nipple

Post by G. Keenan »

heyzeus wrote:
August 17 21, 10:29 am
I remember when that K2/Spice stuff first hit the streets, and it was making homeless people like bite eachother's faces off. In general, I want no part of synthetic versions of the largely harmless plants our dumb-dumb state government still is trying to keep away from us.
I'm pretty sure Michael tried K2 once and reported on it to GRB. As I recall, he did not recommend it.

heyzeus
Everday Unicorn

Post by heyzeus »

G. Keenan wrote:
August 17 21, 10:34 am
heyzeus wrote:
I'm pretty sure Michael tried K2 once and reported on it to GRB. As I recall, he did not recommend it.
I'm not finding it in a search, so I'm calling on @Michael to regale us with the story.

thrill
bronoun enthusiast

Post by thrill »

Not as funny, but my teen brother used K2 and it really exacerbated his mental health issues, including he started hearing voices. *Went away eventually.

* I think

Famous Mortimer
Perennial All-Star

Post by Famous Mortimer »

heyzeus wrote:
A friend of mine takes Kratom and swears by it, so even though I'm not sure, I don't care enough to make a fuss about it.

I once tried some Spice, asking for the mildest variety the store had. After smoking a quarter of a joint, I felt awful for about 3 hours, like the worst reaction ever to weed x 100. Never again.

BottenFieldofDreams
Perennial All-Star

Post by BottenFieldofDreams »

I was once given synthetic mj (I don't know what) without being told. It really effed me up. Fun for a minute, but then a bad experience.

Kratom I've had a number of times. I'm not sure exactly what thrill and Keenan are getting at but I'm curious. I know there have been some ODs. It loops you out a little bit and helps with pain and sleep. It's not some lab concoction like K2 or Spice. It comes straight from a tree. However, it's a head shop/mini mart substance and who knows what's being put in those bags (I got mine from an herbal place hoping there would be more QC). It also could be addictive and affects the brain at least a little like opioids. And it's illegal in most of the countries where it grows.

I'm hoping the data around it builds, because it's helpful for my neck and migraine issues. But I'm being cautious. Outside of quality and supply chain concerns, it's hard to think it's worse for me than Percocet, which has been prescribed to me quite an awful lot. Perhaps I'm being foolish.

GeddyWrox
Caught you a delicious bass

Post by GeddyWrox »