The Car Discussion Thread

Chat about non-baseball topics. No political discussions!
IMADreamer
Has an anecdote about a townie he overheard.

Re: The Car Discussion Thread

Post by IMADreamer »

Michael wrote:
August 20 20, 9:16 am
I kinda want a rad dad hot hatch like the Volkswagen Golf R. I totally love hatchbacks but I've never owned one. I'm not even a car guy, but you know being stuck inside makes you crave weird things. It's supposed to be pretty fun to drive.

They are a lot of fun and practical.

Jocephus
99% conan clips

Post by Jocephus »

GeddyWrox
Caught you a delicious bass

Post by GeddyWrox »

HAHAHAHAHA

mikechamp
Hall Of Famer

Post by mikechamp »

Jocephus wrote:
October 30 20, 9:05 am
I hope he gets himself an appointment at Victory Men's Health, because he clearly needs a testosterone boost.

GeddyWrox
Caught you a delicious bass

Post by GeddyWrox »

OK... tires...

I am due for new tires. But I'm also due for scheduled maintenance. Should I just have the dealership do the tires, or will it cost me so much extra that it would be worth it to make a second appointment at a tire shop?

Also, what's a good brand of all weather tire for a crossover SUV? Or maybe rather brands to avoid?

IMADreamer
Has an anecdote about a townie he overheard.

Post by IMADreamer »

GeddyWrox wrote:
May 25 21, 11:42 am
OK... tires...

I am due for new tires. But I'm also due for scheduled maintenance. Should I just have the dealership do the tires, or will it cost me so much extra that it would be worth it to make a second appointment at a tire shop?

Also, what's a good brand of all weather tire for a crossover SUV? Or maybe rather brands to avoid?
It will for sure be worth going to a tire shop. Avoid the cheap China brands like Chaoyang, Goodride, Telluride. If you can stick with the big name brands like Michelin, Yokahoma, Goodyear, Cooper etc you will come out ahead. Tires are really one of those areas where you get what you pay for.

Michael
GRB Founder

Post by Michael »

I went car "shopping" last week and stock was so poor I decided to give up. I couldn't even test drive certain models. I'll check back in another 3 mos. I can wait.

go birds
-go birds

Post by go birds »

Can anyone recommend an extended warranty for a used car.

I just bought a Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo with 51K miles. I plan on keeping this thing for as long as possible.

I always kinda thought extended warranties were a bit of a scam, but just kinda doing some quick research, they don't necessarily appear to be *too* scammy.

The dealership offered one for 3 years at $1700 which i believe was bumper to bump, but may have just covered powertrain.

Anyway, any recommendations would be welcome.